Re: [genpcncfir] ARNOLD

  • billgaylearnold@cs.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
      In a message dated 3/1/2006 6:10:05 PM Central Standard Time,
      csinghworthington@... writes:

      > >1

      > >_______:

      > >&

      AW SHUCKS!! By 1851 my Arnold ancestors were all in Henry County, Alabama,
      having passed through Washington County, Georgia, in 1816 from somewhere in
      North Carolina. From Pitt County deed books in 2004 I found that Thomas and
      Elizabeth Arnold had children named Edward, Henry, Thomas, Jr., James, William,
      and Patty. But, thanks very much for your efforts. If other sources of
      information turn up, please let me know. Bill Arnold (Birmingham, Ala.)

    • LdMel1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
        Where can these Books be purchased or is there a Web site or Library that lists the same information?
        I would really like to check them out. The Jones, Harrell, Dunn, Corbett, Hales, Shirley, etc lines in Pitt and Edgecombe County have many road blocks. May be if I could study some more Material I could find some clues to untangle these "webs". It is a challenge that we must enjoy.

        Have a blessed day
        Linda

        SOURCE: Pitt County Compendium of Marriages Vol 1 by Elizabeth Ross and Roger
        Kammerer.

        Part A lists marriages taken from old newspapers. No Arnolds listed

        Part B Marriage Book 1851-1867
        Sally Arnold m. 5 Sep 1851 Harvey Hudson Bryan Smith, JP

        Part C Marriages in Pitt County deeds:
        Thomas Arnold (decd by 1812) m. Elizabeth _______: parents of Thomas Arnold,
        decd & Edward Arnold of Greene Co. Deed Book S p 331 1812

        Cox, ______ m. Sally Arnold, dau of Henry Arnold & Lydia: sis of Noah, Burrel,
        Bryan, Allen & Ormand Arnold Deed Book CC p 221 4 Aug 1823

        information:

        We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group if you
        are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and all Eastern and
        Coastal North Carolina counties.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
          Dear Linda,
          Most of the publications of Elizabeth Ross and
          Roger Kammerer can be found in Greenville,N.C. at the
          Sheppard Library (the public library) or at the Joyner
          Library of East Carolina University in Greenville in
          the Reading Room.
          You can access the Joyner Library on-line through
          http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr
          Roger Kammerer's Eastern Reflector and Daily
          Reflector Index listing will get you over to Joyner.
          The Joyner Library webpage will give you hours of
          operation and information for having books sent to you
          on Interlibrary Loan. A quick way to manage this is to
          e-mail Maury York at Joyner Library, state your needs,
          and ask his assistance.
          When I wanted three volumes of a five volume set
          from Joyner, of which our libraries here carried only
          the first two volumes, Maury York told me to have my
          library here request the volumes on Interlibrary Loan
          and he would ship them to me.
          Our library had them within five days, and I was
          allowed to keep them 14 days.
          Speak of letting your fingers do the walking, you
          can beat this. No travel expenses. No lodgings. No
          missed time from work. To me, it was like winning the
          lottery to have so much invaluable material in my
          hands sent me on my word to care for it and return it
          within the agreed upon deadline.
          Maury will also answer your questions about other
          books that you may request from the Joyner collection
          on the same topic. Later, Carol