ARNOLD

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 3:35 PM
      SOURCE: Pitt County Compendium of Marriages Vol 1 by Elizabeth Ross and Roger Kammerer.

      Part A lists marriages taken from old newspapers. No Arnolds listed

      Part B Marriage Book 1851-1867
      Sally Arnold m. 5 Sep 1851 Harvey Hudson Bryan Smith, JP

      Part C Marriages in Pitt County deeds:
      Thomas Arnold (decd by 1812) m. Elizabeth _______: parents of Thomas Arnold, decd & Edward Arnold of Greene Co. Deed Book S p 331 1812

      Cox, ______ m. Sally Arnold, dau of Henry Arnold & Lydia: sis of Noah, Burrel, Bryan, Allen & Ormand Arnold Deed Book CC p 221 4 Aug 1823

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1 3:41 PM
        Dear Bill,
        I might have known that you would have the answer
        to the question about the Arnold marriage. Perhaps you
        can help me with my question. Is there a volume on
        marriages from 1867 to 1900? Later, Carol

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1 3:58 PM
          Allen Churchill's Brides book is very good for these marriages. I think
          someone else mentioned that. I believe that PCFR had some of these printed
          and were selling them. Allen had given permission to do this. I don't
          recall the price. It is a very useful tool. I have a copy here.

          There were 8 Arnold marriages, the earliest were 1871, 1875 thru 1900.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1 4:09 PM
            Dear Bill,
            I have Allen Churchill's Brides book and can check
            it for the Arnold marriages tonight. I have been
            tracing my Worthington-Nichols line from Mary Polly
            Worthington, daughter of Spire or Speir Worthington. I
            believe that Mary Polly married Slaughter. Can you
            give me approximate dates of marriages in that line
            from around 1867 to 1900? Is there a second marriage
            volume to the one Roger Kammerer and Betsy Ross
            collaborated on? Later, Carol

          • billgaylearnold@cs.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2 3:44 PM
              In a message dated 3/1/2006 6:10:05 PM Central Standard Time,
              csinghworthington@... writes:

              > >1

              > >_______:

              > >&

              AW SHUCKS!! By 1851 my Arnold ancestors were all in Henry County, Alabama,
              having passed through Washington County, Georgia, in 1816 from somewhere in
              North Carolina. From Pitt County deed books in 2004 I found that Thomas and
              Elizabeth Arnold had children named Edward, Henry, Thomas, Jr., James, William,
              and Patty. But, thanks very much for your efforts. If other sources of
              information turn up, please let me know. Bill Arnold (Birmingham, Ala.)

            • LdMel1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 2 8:31 PM
                Where can these Books be purchased or is there a Web site or Library that lists the same information?
                I would really like to check them out. The Jones, Harrell, Dunn, Corbett, Hales, Shirley, etc lines in Pitt and Edgecombe County have many road blocks. May be if I could study some more Material I could find some clues to untangle these "webs". It is a challenge that we must enjoy.

                Have a blessed day
                Linda

                SOURCE: Pitt County Compendium of Marriages Vol 1 by Elizabeth Ross and Roger
                Kammerer.

                Part A lists marriages taken from old newspapers. No Arnolds listed

                Part B Marriage Book 1851-1867
                Sally Arnold m. 5 Sep 1851 Harvey Hudson Bryan Smith, JP

                Part C Marriages in Pitt County deeds:
                Thomas Arnold (decd by 1812) m. Elizabeth _______: parents of Thomas Arnold,
                decd & Edward Arnold of Greene Co. Deed Book S p 331 1812

                Cox, ______ m. Sally Arnold, dau of Henry Arnold & Lydia: sis of Noah, Burrel,
                Bryan, Allen & Ormand Arnold Deed Book CC p 221 4 Aug 1823

                information:

                We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group if you
                are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and all Eastern and
                Coastal North Carolina counties.

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 6 5:26 PM
                  Dear Linda,
                  Most of the publications of Elizabeth Ross and
                  Roger Kammerer can be found in Greenville,N.C. at the
                  Sheppard Library (the public library) or at the Joyner
                  Library of East Carolina University in Greenville in
                  the Reading Room.
                  You can access the Joyner Library on-line through
                  http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr
                  Roger Kammerer's Eastern Reflector and Daily
                  Reflector Index listing will get you over to Joyner.
                  The Joyner Library webpage will give you hours of
                  operation and information for having books sent to you
                  on Interlibrary Loan. A quick way to manage this is to
                  e-mail Maury York at Joyner Library, state your needs,
                  and ask his assistance.
                  When I wanted three volumes of a five volume set
                  from Joyner, of which our libraries here carried only
                  the first two volumes, Maury York told me to have my
                  library here request the volumes on Interlibrary Loan
                  and he would ship them to me.
                  Our library had them within five days, and I was
                  allowed to keep them 14 days.
                  Speak of letting your fingers do the walking, you
                  can beat this. No travel expenses. No lodgings. No
                  missed time from work. To me, it was like winning the
                  lottery to have so much invaluable material in my
                  hands sent me on my word to care for it and return it
                  within the agreed upon deadline.
                  Maury will also answer your questions about other
                  books that you may request from the Joyner collection
                  on the same topic. Later, Carol