Re: [genpcncfir] Pete Jones barbecue master

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
      Dear group member,
      Thank you so very much. It'll be a hop for me to
      get there. I really miss good North Carolina barbecue.
      When we first came here, last century it is now, Mama
      immediately found between home and Richmond a barbecue
      place that served North Carolina barbecue. The
      restaurant was almost literally "on" U.S. 1 so small
      was the gravel patch in front of it with the road at
      that point totally lacking in anything remotely
      resembling a shoulder. Worse yet, the spot the
      restaurant occupied was a triangular strip between the
      two-lane road behind it and U.S. 1 out front. Large
      plate glass windows covered most of the wall looking
      out onto U.S. 1. When the big 18-wheelers rolled past,
      as they did nearly every minute of the day and most of
      the night, the building shook, and the roar of the
      engines made coversation stop.
      The restaurant was called "The Snow White" because
      the entire building was painted white. I never saw
      Snow White nor the dwarves either, so I gathered that
      the building gave the restaurant its name. The absence
      of Snow White and the dwarves meant for me less
      competition for the barbecue rather than
      disappointment. Just think, though, if King's Dominion
      had been around then, they might have found a warm
      welcome at The Snow White. Later, Carol