Re: [genpcncfir] Pete Jones barbecue master

  • afirstof7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
      From Winterville take old number 11 into Ayden... go straight through town...
      it will be on your right before the road runs back to the four lane...
      building looks like the capital... cannot miss it...
      The family is still cooking the same good bar-b-q. Enjoy!!

      Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of
      battle.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        Dear group member,
        Thank you so very much. It'll be a hop for me to
        get there. I really miss good North Carolina barbecue.
        When we first came here, last century it is now, Mama
        immediately found between home and Richmond a barbecue
        place that served North Carolina barbecue. The
        restaurant was almost literally "on" U.S. 1 so small
        was the gravel patch in front of it with the road at
        that point totally lacking in anything remotely
        resembling a shoulder. Worse yet, the spot the
        restaurant occupied was a triangular strip between the
        two-lane road behind it and U.S. 1 out front. Large
        plate glass windows covered most of the wall looking
        out onto U.S. 1. When the big 18-wheelers rolled past,
        as they did nearly every minute of the day and most of
        the night, the building shook, and the roar of the
        engines made coversation stop.
        The restaurant was called "The Snow White" because
        the entire building was painted white. I never saw
        Snow White nor the dwarves either, so I gathered that
        the building gave the restaurant its name. The absence
        of Snow White and the dwarves meant for me less
        competition for the barbecue rather than
        disappointment. Just think, though, if King's Dominion
        had been around then, they might have found a warm
        welcome at The Snow White. Later, Carol