Re: [genpcncfir] Fwd: 2006 FGS/NEHGS Genealogy Conference

  • J. Tetreault
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hi all,
      In response to the conference in Boston, I've been there a few times and it's a great place to visit. It's definitely a "walking city" though. The streets are narrow and lots of traffic, especially that time of year. Also lots of great restaurants and plenty of shopping. Anyone have any questions, I'll try to answer them.
      Judy(Rasberry) Tetreault
      researching: Rasberry, Morgan, Louisiania,Mississippi,North Carolina

      jewellebaker@... wrote:
      Hello Group......
      Forwarding the below from Cyndi Howell... please mark your Calendars now for an exciting event. and remember to keep your queries and responses coming.... who knows... a "Brick-Wall" can be tumbling just around the corner. Have a good weekend! Jewelle

> [...]
      > >genealogy conference ever. It will be held in historic Boston,
      > >Massachusetts. The local host is the oldest genealogical society in
      > >the United States, the New England Historic Genealogical Society.
      > >
      > >Well-known speakers from all across the U.S. will be joined by
      > >experts from Canada, England, Ireland, and Scotland. This conference
      > >has more choices than have ever been offered at a U.S. genealogy
      > >conference. The Exhibit Hall will have some very special vendors in
      > >addition to the usual ones.
      > >
      > >During the conference, there will be a reception honoring the 30th
      > >Anniversary of the Federation of Genealogical Societies.
      > >
      > >The conference committee was able to arrange a lodging cost that is
      > >well-below most Boston area hotel rates -- $159.00 per night for 1
      > >or 2 people. If you have ever stayed at a hotel in New York, Boston,
      > >or Washington, DC, you know what a great rate this is. I have
      > >checked a lot of other recent and upcoming other types of
      > >conferences being held in Boston, and they were not able to arrange
      > >such a good rate. Even better, you can walk from the hotel to the
      > >convention center without ever going outside. The two places are
      > >part of a large complex that includes a shopping mall.
      > >
      > >Full details are at the FGS Website <http://www.FGS.org>www.FGS.org.
      > >The conference program offerings as they stand today are also at the
      > >Website. There will still be additions to the program as
      > >sponsorships are firmed up. Most of these lectures are new and
      > >different. If you register by July 1st, you save $30.00 off the full
      > >four day registration price. It is now possible to register online.
      > >
      > >To keep up-to-date on the 2006 FGS/NEHGS Conference news, program
      > >additions, vendor info, further details on speakers and lectures,
      > >and to learn more about the Boston area, be sure to frequently visit
      > >the conference blog. The blog will also be sharing what to expect at
      > >such a conference and what you do once you get there. To read the
      > >current blog comments and also the archives of important info that
      > >has been posted since September, go to
      > ><http://www.FGSConference.blogspot.com>www.FGSConference.blogspot.com.
      > >
      > >If you have some cool tidbits to share about past FGS conferences or
      > >Boston, please email me directly and I will post it to the blog. My
      > >email is <mailto:PSWResearch@...>PSWResearch@.... I
      > >will use your name and city unless you specifically request that I omit them.
      > >
      > >Thanks for helping to spread the word about this exciting event,
      > >
      > >Paula
      > >
      > >Paula Stuart-Warren, CG
      > >
      > >National Publicity Chair
      > >2006 FGS/NEHGS Conference
      > >August 30 - September 2, 2006
      > ><http://www.FGS.org>www.FGS.org
      > >www.FGSConference.blogspot.com
      > >
      > >Certified Genealogist and CG are service marks of the Board for
      > >Certification of Genealogists used under license by professionals
      > >who pass periodic evaluations by the Board.

      North carolina home Coastal north carolina real estate North carolina real estate North carolina Genealogy research

      ---------------------------------

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
        Dear Group,
        Boston is addictive! For all of us, there's the
        history, of course, that everyone of us shares who
        calls himself American. Then there's the ocean, and we
        are used to that. The view is incredible. The breezes,
        even in November, are refreshing. The architecture is
        exciting, the spires of the Old North Church dizzying
        and twinkling when the sunlight strikes them at what
        seems to be every possible angle. In a setting like
        that with genealogy added to the mix, who would not
        think himself in heaven. Anyone who can go should have
        the experience of a lifetime. What more can I say
        without digital photography? Later, Carol

        === message truncated ===