Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Maggie Hearn

  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
      Thank you. Would it help if you had specific dates?
      Evelyn

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 19, 2006
        View Record Nancy Peoples Saratoga, Wilson, NC abt 1852 North Carolina
        White Female

        Would this be your Nancy in the 1870 NC census? Wilson County.

        Paula Anne Baker
        paulabaker69@...
        Greene County NC

        wrote:

        > I don't know about that. It is possible. I do know that my
        grandmother's aunt, Nancy Peopples, was from the Falkland area. I am
        still searching for any information on her. All I have is her date
        of birth, date of death, and names of parents. Also the fact that in
        the 1850 Census they were living in the Falkland area of Pitt Co.
        > Any information will be greatly appreciated.
        > Evelyn

        Pitt County Historical Society:

        information:

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 19, 2006
          Here is 1880 census.
          Name: Nancy Peoples
          Age: 29
          Estimated birth year: <1851>
          Birthplace: North Carolina
          Occupation: Servant
          Relationship to head-of-household: Something other than a direct
          relationship
          Home in 1880: Farmville, Pitt, North Carolina
          Marital status: Single
          Race: White
          Gender: Female
          Father's birthplace: NC
          Mother's birthplace: NC

          Paula Anne Baker
          paulabaker69@...
          Greene County NC

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 19, 2006
            It could be. Thank you.I will look in the Census and see. I thought I had checked that Census, but I may have overlooked it. The thing I was looking for when this chain started was her burial place, but any information will help.
            Evelyn

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 25 12:05 PM
              I have been cleaning out my mail, and just discovered that I did not answer this letter. I am not sure if she ever married. I had always thought that she was single. That may be why I have not found anything else on her. It will sure pay to take a look into this and see if she fits..
              From: "sandhillpirate" <sandhillpirate@...>
              To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [genpcncfir] Nanny Tyson Hearn
              Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 02:11:10 -0000

              Sorry it was Nanny, not Maggie....
              This is from my dad:

              NANNY TYSON HEARN, SISTER OF ROSLAND TYSON CUMMINGS (WIFE OF ZC SR.)
              LIVED ON A FARM EDGECOMBE CO. VERY NEAR THE PITT CO. LINE HWY.
              43.BETWEEN PINETOPS & FAULKLAND.