Re: Maggie Hearn

  • sandhillpirate
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
      I will see what my dad knows. His cousin still lives in Falkland...

      Leslie

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Evelyn Hendricks" <rebh@e...>
      wrote:

      > I don't know about that. It is possible. I do know that my
      grandmother's aunt, Nancy Peopples, was from the Falkland area. I am
      still searching for any information on her. All I have is her date
      of birth, date of death, and names of parents. Also the fact that in
      the 1850 Census they were living in the Falkland area of Pitt Co.
      > Any information will be greatly appreciated.
      > Evelyn

      Form:
      http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%
      20Feb03.htm

      > We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our
      dynamic group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and
      research in Pitt and all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina counties.

    • Evelyn Hendricks
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
        Thank you. Would it help if you had specific dates?
        Evelyn

        wrote:

        > I don't know about that. It is possible. I do know that my
        grandmother's aunt, Nancy Peopples, was from the Falkland area. I am
        still searching for any information on her. All I have is her date
        of birth, date of death, and names of parents. Also the fact that in
        the 1850 Census they were living in the Falkland area of Pitt Co.
        > Any information will be greatly appreciated.
        > Evelyn

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • sandhillpirate
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
          Sorry it was Nanny, not Maggie....
          This is from my dad:

          NANNY TYSON HEARN, SISTER OF ROSLAND TYSON CUMMINGS (WIFE OF ZC SR.)
          LIVED ON A FARM EDGECOMBE CO. VERY NEAR THE PITT CO. LINE HWY.
          43.BETWEEN PINETOPS & FAULKLAND.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 18, 2006
            View Record Mclauchlin 12 Nov 1917 Male Moore Will Mclauchlin Nannie
            Peoples
            View Record Charlie Mclauchlin 30 Nov 1920 Male Moore William Mclaughlin
            Nannie Peoples
            View Record Mclaughlin 9 Nov 1919 Female Moore William Mclaughlin Nannie
            Peoples
            View Record Julia Mclaughlin 2 Mar 1909 Female Moore Will Daniel
            Mclaughlin Nannie Peoples
            View Record William Wesley Mclaughlin 22 Feb 1903 Male Moore William
            Daniel Mclaughlin Nannie Peoples

            Evelyn,
            I look up some births. Did your Nannie marry Will McLaughlin? Look at
            these births and see if they look like your family.

            Paula Anne Baker
            paulabaker69@...
            Greene County NC

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 19, 2006
              View Record Nancy Peoples Saratoga, Wilson, NC abt 1852 North Carolina
              White Female

              Would this be your Nancy in the 1870 NC census? Wilson County.

              Paula Anne Baker
              paulabaker69@...
              Greene County NC

              wrote:

              > I don't know about that. It is possible. I do know that my
              grandmother's aunt, Nancy Peopples, was from the Falkland area. I am
              still searching for any information on her. All I have is her date
              of birth, date of death, and names of parents. Also the fact that in
              the 1850 Census they were living in the Falkland area of Pitt Co.
              > Any information will be greatly appreciated.
              > Evelyn

              Pitt County Historical Society:

              information:

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 19, 2006
                Here is 1880 census.
                Name: Nancy Peoples
                Age: 29
                Estimated birth year: <1851>
                Birthplace: North Carolina
                Occupation: Servant
                Relationship to head-of-household: Something other than a direct
                relationship
                Home in 1880: Farmville, Pitt, North Carolina
                Marital status: Single
                Race: White
                Gender: Female
                Father's birthplace: NC
                Mother's birthplace: NC

                Paula Anne Baker
                paulabaker69@...
                Greene County NC

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 19, 2006
                  It could be. Thank you.I will look in the Census and see. I thought I had checked that Census, but I may have overlooked it. The thing I was looking for when this chain started was her burial place, but any information will help.
                  Evelyn