Re: Cemetery on Wesley Church Road in Pitt County

  • sandhillpirate
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
      My original research is on a Zip disk which I am no longer able to
      use. I uploaded everything I had to Ancestry before my computer
      went kaput. This is all I can find to try to document what I had
      originally found and it is not much....

      Rough Notes from Pitt County Deeds:
      1830s-1860s
      Roger Kammerer's 3,486 Rough Notes from Pitt Co. Deedbooks GG — SS

      1337. Moses Tyson graveyard, owned by Lambert Beardlsey [LL, p. 327]

      1703. Moses Tyson burying ground [MM, p. 420]

      Here is a link to a previous post of mine on the Banna J. Parker
      Tyson...

      I am sure I found the information on rge Pitt County Family
      Researchers site but anything could have happened to it in the last
      5 or so years.

      I will keep looking...
      Leslie

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, amaryllish@a... wrote:

      > I really don't know the name of it, but I would like very much for
      you to
      > check it against your records and let me know if it is the same
      one. Thank you,
      > Amy

    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 20, 2006
        Amy,
        Thank you for sharing this cemetery.
        I am having a bit of trouble reading your information.
        The data seems scramble because people are shown
        across on the page. See below.

        If possible for you to resend this information with
        each person on their own line?

        Also traditionally (unknown) cemetery's are named for
        the oldest burial in the Cemetery.
        Marcia

      • J. Tetreault
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 21, 2006
          Hi all,
          I've been reading this list for a while now and the mention of Rasberry land caught my eye. My maiden name is Rasberry, I've been trying to find a Benjamin Rasberry in N.C. for a few years now. His wife's name is Sarah (last name unknown), they had a son Benjamin who married Cordelia. I can provide more information to anyone who can help with this Rasberry line.
          thanks,
          Judy
          jt2looie@...

          amaryllish@... wrote:
[...]

          North carolina home Coastal north carolina real estate North carolina real estate North carolina Genealogy research