Re: [genpcncfir] Info needed on W. G. Bryant

  • Diane Whitehurst Collins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2006
      A friend of mine went to the Archives and pulled the folder. In the court case, the father is identified as John Ashley Whitehurst (Johnson Whitehurst was found not guilty). Ginnett Bryan's father was identified as Frederick Bryan. I am still interested in any info on W. G. Bryan(t).

      Diane Whitehurst Collins <dc09182000@...> wrote: The PCFR quarterly lists a 1878 Bastardy bond/record between a Ginnett Bryan & Johnson Whitehurst (my great-grandfather!). I found this marriage record and wonder if it connects, and I am hoping one of you has more information to share:

      Marriage Record: W. G. Bryant (21) & Sallie Taylor (18) were married on 12 July 1893 in Carolina twsp by W. H. Williams. Wit: G. P. Whitehurst, J. F. Whitehurst, T. A. Whitehurst. Bride daughter of James E. Taylor & Temperance Mary Etta Whitehurst. Groom son of J. W. Whitehurst & Jeanette Bryan.

      Diane Whitehurst Collins

      North carolina home Coastal north carolina real estate North carolina real estate North carolina Genealogy research

      ---------------------------------

    • Rhet Wilkinson

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2006
          Diane,
          Do you know the full names and their relationship of
          the Wedding
          Witnesses: G. P. Whitehurst, J. F. Whitehurst, T. A.
          Whitehurst?
          Marcia

          wrote:
          > Marriage Record: W. G. Bryant (21) & Sallie Taylor
          (18)
          > were married on 12 July 1893 in Carolina Township
          > by W. H. Williams.
          > Wit: G. P. Whitehurst, J. F. Whitehurst, T. A.
          Whitehurst.
          > Bride daughter of James E. Taylor & Temperance Mary
          Etta
          > Whitehurst.
          > Groom son of J. W. Whitehurst & Jeanette Bryan.
          >
          > Diane Whitehurst Collins

        • Diane Whitehurst Collins
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2006
            When W. G. Bryant married in 1893, he gave his age as 21 which makes his year of birth circa 1872.
            The bastardy bond for Ginnitt Bryan was in 1877/1878. Assuming that W. G. Bryant is that child, then he was born and married in Pitt County.
            The court case identified his father as John Ashley Whitehurst, but on his marriage record he identified his father as J. W. Whitehurst. I thought this might be William Joseph Whitehurst, son of James Berry Whitehurst and Mary Elizabeth "Bettie" Manning. The witnesses to the marriage of W. G. Bryant & Sallie Taylor: T. A. Whitehurst was Thaddeus Alfonzo Whitehurst, son of James Berry Whitehurst and Mary Elizabeth "Bettie" Manning, and J. F. Whitehurst was Joseph F. Whitehurst, son of John Henry Whitehuust and Zilphia Ann Carson. James Berry and John Henry were brothers. I do not know who the G. P. Whitehurst is, unless it is George G. Whitehurst, who was a younger brother of James Berry Whitehurst and John Henry Whitehurst. This would all tie in with John Ashley Whitehurst being the father since he was a son of John D. & Mahala Whitehurst (she was the sister of James Berry, John Henry and George G. Whitehurst).
            Sorry, but I really have very little information on W. G. Bryant or his wife Sallie Taylor.

            Diane

            Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote: Diane,