Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Cemetery on Wesley Church Road in Pitt County

  • Elizabeth Roebuck
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 13, 2006
      Is this cemetery located in a field a ways from the highway. I have some
      relatives buried there. the names are Ellis, Tugwell, Skinner and my G
      nephew, McAlister 8 years old who died about 6 years ago. There are unmarked
      graves there.

      Annette Ginn Roebuck, Senior Sis

    • amaryllish@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
        Annette, I think the cemetery you are speaking of is on the Rasberry land
        just a few more yards down the road. I hope I have attached the correct one. Amy
        W. Hunt

        ----------

        Cemetery on Wesley Church Road
        Land is owned by Robert " Bobby " Rasberry of Farmville, North Carolina
        It is a well kept cemetery and unnamed as far as is known.
        Surveyed by Amaryllis " Amy " Wainwright Hunt and Arleta Wainwright Relyea- July 8, 2004

        Levi Tugwell Mary Gold Howell Joyner
        1840-1897 wife of G. L. Skinner Born January 22, 1823
        Born November 23, 1902 Died May 6, 1889
        Lydia wife of Levi Tugwell Died November 15, 1932
        1846-1912 Martha E. Turnage
        Christian E. Mc Allister wife of Howell Joyner
        Ollie Harris Born June 28, 1992 Born January 9, 1847
        Died Oct 22, 1912 Died December 27, 2000 Died April 15, 1918
        Age 65 years
        Wilbur L. Skinner Elizabeth P. Joyner
        Walter S. Tugwell Born December 22, 1920 wife of W. H. Morris
        Modern Woodsmen of America Died December 16, 1926 Born September 28, 1856
        Born August 2, 1884 Died February 25, 1902
        Died November 8, 1924 Ruby Felton
        Born August 28, 18--? Alfred L. Joyner
        L.H. Ellis Died July 6, 18--? Son of Lydia & Ronald Joyner
        Born October 15, 1862 Born October 29, 1921
        Died February 18, 1904 Susan Eliza Joyner Died October 31, 1921
        Daughter of David &
        Annie E. Johnson Elizabeth Phillips Loyce Joyner
        Born December 6, 1875 Born April 30, 1827 Daughter of Lydia & Ronald Joyner
        Died August 5, 1931 Died January 30, 1881 Born April 10, 1938
        Aged 54 years Died April 20, 1938
        Leonard E.
        Son of J.L. & N.M. Wilkerson Michal Joyner J.L. Wilkinson
        Born September 6, 1906 Wife of John L. Wilkinson Born July 1883
        Died May 9, 1918 Born April 6, 1883 Died December 18, 1929
        Died November 27, 1938
        Edna Ruth
        Daughter of J.L. & N.M. Martha
        Wilkinson Daughter of J.L> & N.M. Wilkinson
        Born February 17, 1917 Born October 23, 1911
        Died July 12, 1918 Died October 12, 1912

      • sandhillpirate
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
          Isn't this cemetery known as Moses Tyson Graveyard?

          That is what I have in my notes.

          Leslie

        • amaryllish@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
            I really don't know the name of it, but I would like very much for you to
            check it against your records and let me know if it is the same one. Thank you,
            Amy

          • Elizabeth Roebuck
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
              Thanks so much Amy. Tugwells, Ellis & Skinners are mine and the little 8yr
              McAllister boy. I am glad to know who owns the land. We are keeping it
              clean in promise to my mother who has died. Her mother and my grandmother
              Mary Gold is buried there.

            • sandhillpirate
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
                My original research is on a Zip disk which I am no longer able to
                use. I uploaded everything I had to Ancestry before my computer
                went kaput. This is all I can find to try to document what I had
                originally found and it is not much....

                Rough Notes from Pitt County Deeds:
                1830s-1860s
                Roger Kammerer's 3,486 Rough Notes from Pitt Co. Deedbooks GG — SS

                1337. Moses Tyson graveyard, owned by Lambert Beardlsey [LL, p. 327]

                1703. Moses Tyson burying ground [MM, p. 420]

                Here is a link to a previous post of mine on the Banna J. Parker
                Tyson...

                I am sure I found the information on rge Pitt County Family
                Researchers site but anything could have happened to it in the last
                5 or so years.

                I will keep looking...
                Leslie

                --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, amaryllish@a... wrote:

                > I really don't know the name of it, but I would like very much for
                you to
                > check it against your records and let me know if it is the same
                one. Thank you,
                > Amy

              • Marcia McLawhorn
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 20, 2006
                  Amy,
                  Thank you for sharing this cemetery.
                  I am having a bit of trouble reading your information.
                  The data seems scramble because people are shown
                  across on the page. See below.

                  If possible for you to resend this information with
                  each person on their own line?

                  Also traditionally (unknown) cemetery's are named for
                  the oldest burial in the Cemetery.
                  Marcia

                • J. Tetreault
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 21, 2006
                    Hi all,
                    I've been reading this list for a while now and the mention of Rasberry land caught my eye. My maiden name is Rasberry, I've been trying to find a Benjamin Rasberry in N.C. for a few years now. His wife's name is Sarah (last name unknown), they had a son Benjamin who married Cordelia. I can provide more information to anyone who can help with this Rasberry line.
                    thanks,
                    Judy
                    jt2looie@...

                    amaryllish@... wrote:
[...]

                    North carolina home Coastal north carolina real estate North carolina real estate North carolina Genealogy research