  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 13, 2006
      Were there any unmarked graves in this cemetery? My grandmother had an aunt who lived with a much younger woman in Greenville. I believe the woman's name was Maggie Hearn. Since I have been unable to find a burial site for my grandmother's aunt, this posting caught my attention. I thought perhaps she could have been buried in this cemetery. Right off hand, I don't remember the dates for her.
      Evelyn

      Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:32 PM
      Subject: [genpcncfir] Re: Cemetery on Wesley Church Road in Pitt County

      This little family cemetery is grown over and some stones were broken and I
      feel others have been buried with the passage of time. I thought I would send
      out the ones I could find and read in hopes this might help someone in their
      search. Your friend in research-Amy W. Hunt

      Blaney J. Tyson
      1886-1938

      Banna Jackqueline Tyson
      1858-1936

      Moses son of Seth & Lania Tyson
      Jan. 10, 1814-Mar 18, 1880

      Mandy L. wife of Joseph J. Hearn
      June 5, 1860-May 19, 1908

      Joseph J. Hearn
      May 10, 1849-Dec 3, 1917

      John son of Isaac & Anna Joyner
      Jan 4, 1827-Oct 13, 1837

      Seth son of Isaac & Anna Joyner
      June 29, 1832-May 3, 1834

      Mary E. Hearn
      Sept 12, 1880-Sept 24, 1881

      Maggie Hearn
      Aug 28, 1880- no other dates on stone

      Lannie Mc D. Horton
      Dec 11, 1836-Oct 14-1880

    • sandhillpirate
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
        Didn't Maggie Hearn live between Pinetops and Falkland off Hwy 43
        close to it's intersection with Colonial Farm Road (which runs
        through Old Sparta)?

        Leslie
        (decendant of Rosalind Tyson Cummings)

        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Evelyn Hendricks" <rebh@e...>
        wrote:

        > Were there any unmarked graves in this cemetery? My grandmother had
        an aunt who lived with a much younger woman in Greenville. I believe
        the woman's name was Maggie Hearn. Since I have been unable to find a
        burial site for my grandmother's aunt, this posting caught my
        attention. I thought perhaps she could have been buried in this
        cemetery. Right off hand, I don't remember the dates for her.
        > Evelyn
        >
        > Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:32 PM
        > Subject: [genpcncfir] Re: Cemetery on Wesley Church Road in Pitt
        County

        > This little family cemetery is grown over and some stones were
        broken and I
        > feel others have been buried with the passage of time. I thought I
        would send
        > out the ones I could find and read in hopes this might help someone
        in their
        > search. Your friend in research-Amy W. Hunt
        >
        > Blaney J. Tyson
        > 1886-1938
        >
        > Banna Jackqueline Tyson
        > 1858-1936
        >
        > Moses son of Seth & Lania Tyson
        > Jan. 10, 1814-Mar 18, 1880
        >
        > Mandy L. wife of Joseph J. Hearn
        > June 5, 1860-May 19, 1908
        >
        > Joseph J. Hearn
        > May 10, 1849-Dec 3, 1917
        >
        > John son of Isaac & Anna Joyner
        > Jan 4, 1827-Oct 13, 1837
        >
        > Seth son of Isaac & Anna Joyner
        > June 29, 1832-May 3, 1834
        >
        > Mary E. Hearn
        > Sept 12, 1880-Sept 24, 1881
        >
        > Maggie Hearn
        > Aug 28, 1880- no other dates on stone
        >
        > Lannie Mc D. Horton
        > Dec 11, 1836-Oct 14-1880

      • Evelyn Hendricks
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
          I don't know about that. It is possible. I do know that my grandmother's aunt, Nancy Peopples, was from the Falkland area. I am still searching for any information on her. All I have is her date of birth, date of death, and names of parents. Also the fact that in the 1850 Census they were living in the Falkland area of Pitt Co.
          Any information will be greatly appreciated.
          Evelyn

          wrote:

          > Were there any unmarked graves in this cemetery? My grandmother had
          an aunt who lived with a much younger woman in Greenville. I believe
          the woman's name was Maggie Hearn. Since I have been unable to find a
          burial site for my grandmother's aunt, this posting caught my
          attention. I thought perhaps she could have been buried in this
          cemetery. Right off hand, I don't remember the dates for her.
          > Evelyn
          >
          > Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:32 PM
          > Subject: [genpcncfir] Re: Cemetery on Wesley Church Road in Pitt
          County

          > This little family cemetery is grown over and some stones were
          broken and I
          > feel others have been buried with the passage of time. I thought I
          would send
          > out the ones I could find and read in hopes this might help someone
          in their
          > search. Your friend in research-Amy W. Hunt
          >
          > Blaney J. Tyson
          > 1886-1938
          >
          > Banna Jackqueline Tyson
          > 1858-1936
          >
          > Moses son of Seth & Lania Tyson
          > Jan. 10, 1814-Mar 18, 1880
          >
          > Mandy L. wife of Joseph J. Hearn
          > June 5, 1860-May 19, 1908
          >
          > Joseph J. Hearn
          > May 10, 1849-Dec 3, 1917
          >
          > John son of Isaac & Anna Joyner
          > Jan 4, 1827-Oct 13, 1837
          >
          > Seth son of Isaac & Anna Joyner
          > June 29, 1832-May 3, 1834
          >
          > Mary E. Hearn
          > Sept 12, 1880-Sept 24, 1881
          >
          > Maggie Hearn
          > Aug 28, 1880- no other dates on stone
          >
          > Lannie Mc D. Horton
          > Dec 11, 1836-Oct 14-1880

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • sandhillpirate
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
            I will see what my dad knows. His cousin still lives in Falkland...

            Leslie

            wrote:

            > I don't know about that. It is possible. I do know that my
            grandmother's aunt, Nancy Peopples, was from the Falkland area. I am
            still searching for any information on her. All I have is her date
            of birth, date of death, and names of parents. Also the fact that in
            the 1850 Census they were living in the Falkland area of Pitt Co.
            > Any information will be greatly appreciated.
            > Evelyn

            Form:
            http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%
            20Feb03.htm

            > We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our
            dynamic group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and
            research in Pitt and all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina counties.

          • Evelyn Hendricks
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
              Thank you. Would it help if you had specific dates?
              Evelyn

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
                Sorry it was Nanny, not Maggie....
                This is from my dad:

                NANNY TYSON HEARN, SISTER OF ROSLAND TYSON CUMMINGS (WIFE OF ZC SR.)
                LIVED ON A FARM EDGECOMBE CO. VERY NEAR THE PITT CO. LINE HWY.
                43.BETWEEN PINETOPS & FAULKLAND.

                Leslie

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 18, 2006
                  View Record Mclauchlin 12 Nov 1917 Male Moore Will Mclauchlin Nannie
                  Peoples
                  View Record Charlie Mclauchlin 30 Nov 1920 Male Moore William Mclaughlin
                  Nannie Peoples
                  View Record Mclaughlin 9 Nov 1919 Female Moore William Mclaughlin Nannie
                  Peoples
                  View Record Julia Mclaughlin 2 Mar 1909 Female Moore Will Daniel
                  Mclaughlin Nannie Peoples
                  View Record William Wesley Mclaughlin 22 Feb 1903 Male Moore William
                  Daniel Mclaughlin Nannie Peoples

                  Evelyn,
                  I look up some births. Did your Nannie marry Will McLaughlin? Look at
                  these births and see if they look like your family.

                  Paula Anne Baker
                  paulabaker69@...
                  Greene County NC

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 19, 2006
                    View Record Nancy Peoples Saratoga, Wilson, NC abt 1852 North Carolina
                    White Female

                    Would this be your Nancy in the 1870 NC census? Wilson County.

                    Paula Anne Baker
                    paulabaker69@...
                    Greene County NC

                    wrote:

                    > I don't know about that. It is possible. I do know that my
                    grandmother's aunt, Nancy Peopples, was from the Falkland area. I am
                    still searching for any information on her. All I have is her date
                    of birth, date of death, and names of parents. Also the fact that in
                    the 1850 Census they were living in the Falkland area of Pitt Co.
                    > Any information will be greatly appreciated.
                    > Evelyn

                    Pitt County Historical Society:

                    information:

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 19, 2006
                      Here is 1880 census.
                      Name: Nancy Peoples
                      Age: 29
                      Estimated birth year: <1851>
                      Birthplace: North Carolina
                      Occupation: Servant
                      Relationship to head-of-household: Something other than a direct
                      relationship
                      Home in 1880: Farmville, Pitt, North Carolina
                      Marital status: Single
                      Race: White
                      Gender: Female
                      Father's birthplace: NC
                      Mother's birthplace: NC

                      Paula Anne Baker
                      paulabaker69@...
                      Greene County NC

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 19, 2006
                        It could be. Thank you.I will look in the Census and see. I thought I had checked that Census, but I may have overlooked it. The thing I was looking for when this chain started was her burial place, but any information will help.
                        Evelyn