Re: Wallace surname

  • Betty Cobb Batchelor
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2005
      John Wallace purchases 41 acres (Pitt Co, NC)in 1827 from Benjamin
      Dilday and wife Elizabeth Wallace ... land on south side of Williams
      Mills Creek and East side Jumping Run and bound by Issac Phillips
      line,... Samuel Vines line on side of the Big ----tas ....land more
      or less as the commission report of division of land ...formerly
      Thomas Wallace,dec.
      Another piece of land (12 acres) in the division of lot #2 at stake
      of Reading Williams corner... runs south on Jumping Run ...rite and
      title of lot fell to Polly Wallace, dec. ... signed: Benjamin (X)
      Dildy and Elizabeth (X) Dildy

      Benjamin Dilda(y) married 1 Elizabeth Wallace b 1776 d 1848
      married 2 "Mattie" Matilda Cobb

      Elizabeth burial Dilda Cemetery, Fountain, NC.

      Bill do you know if the burial of William Wallace is on the left or
      right side of HW 222 north of Fountain, NC? The Dilda Cemetery would
      be on the left after leaving Fountain and there is a cemetery very
      near on the right.

      Betty

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Kittrell" <wbk99@e...>
      wrote:

      > Just to add to the Wallace infomation. I do not research this
      family either
      > but thought this might help someone.
      >
      > Cemetery near Fountain, Pitt County, NC
      > William Wallace b. Sept 21, 1810 d. Sept 6, 1898
      > Martha, w/o William Wallace b. 1820 d. Jan 2, 1893
      > Mary, w/o William Wallace b. d. Mar 1, 1851

      I have
      > > anything else, not even his first name
      > >
      > > ----Just looked in my database and found two Wallace men,
      Ethelred Wallace
      > > and John Wallace. Ethelred married Amy Taylor, he was born about
      1778.
      > > John
      > > Wallace also married a Taylor, Delilah Taylor. He was born
      about 1782.

      > > Ethelred moved to Tennessee and John moved to Kentucky.
      > >
      > > What was the name of the Wallace who lived near the Pitt County
      line
      > > during
      > > the war. Wasn't his land confiscated? I know I should have saved
      what I
      > > read
      > > about him, but didn't, now sorry cause I think I might need it.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Faye Hays

      > > Pitt County Historical Society:
      > >
      > > CHRONICLES VOL.II AVAILABLE!! Click here for description and
      ordering
      > > information:
      > >
      > > Click here to view CHRONICLE PHOTO, use SlideShow:
      > >
      > > RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form:
      > > http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%
      20Feb03.htm

      > > http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/
      > >
      > > We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our
      dynamic group
      > > if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in
      Pitt and all

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Betty Cobb Batchelor
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2008
        Looking for the location of Williams Mill Creek (Pitt County, NC)
        Can anyone help?...

        ~1786 Jesse Dilday purchased land from Shadrack Wooten on the south
        side of Williams Mill Creek joining James May and James Johnson's lines.

        ~1827 John Wallace purchases from Benjamin
        Dilday and wife Elizabeth Wallace ... land on south side of Williams
        Mills Creek and East side Jumping Run and bound by Issac Phillips
        line,... Samuel Vines line on side of the Big ----tas ....land more
        or less as the commission report of division of land ...formerly
        Thomas Wallace,dec.

        Thanks Betty
      • Bill Kittrell
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2008
          I will check my maps and see if I have a listing for that. I know
          Robert Williams of Rev. War fame was buried on Tyson Creek
          which is on the southeast side of Falkland. Some of the other
          Williams family is buried northwest of Falkland. Also a few miles
          west of Falkland on NC 222 is the Dilda cemetery. Nearly across
          the road from it is a Wallace cemetery. The Wootens and
          the Doziers were also in this area.

          This might be the right area but do not take this as the gospel.

          Bill

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 30, 2008
            Here is a posting that I found online regarding William's Mill Creek.  Perhaps it's in Duplin County?

            "Joseph Williams of Rockfish is believed to have moved with his brother John from Virginia to Duplin. He settled on a branch of Rockfish that was known as James' Swamp, later as William's Mill Creek and eventually became known as Taylor's Creek, which it is still called today. Joseph's children were Aaron who married Mary Newton, Joseph, Jr., who married Nannie Evans, Byrd who married Zilpha Mathis?, William, John who married Nancy Wallace, Phoebe who married George Bannerman and David who married Elizabeth Anderson."

             Paula Baker

            Thomas Mann