Re: [genpcncfir] Question about Death Certificates

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 28, 2005
      Dear Deborah,
      I will check. Vital Statistics is conveniently
      located to me. If I find that you cannot get your
      death certificate, there are other sources of
      information that you can use to verify the death--like
      obituaries in the Richmond Times-Dispatch or in the
      local paper of the deceased. Here, only birth
      certificates have been restricted. Even in this case,
      if a person states that he is a genealogist, the
      restriction will be lifted. I will get back to you at
      some point today with the information. Later, Carol