Re: [genpcncfir] Pernetta Bridgers Walston/Jim Buck Owens

  • eahsr16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13 4:58 AM
      In a message dated 11/13/2005 12:38:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      LdMel1@... writes:
      Could I ask what is your source of this marriage of James Jim Buck Owen?
      Could there have been two with that name? I doubt it. My information I got from
      his granddaughter some years ago. She did not say he was married twice.
      Linda
      _____________________________

      Actually, there were 3 Jim Buck Owenses.

      Descendants of John William Owens

      1 John William Owens 1823 -
      . +Polly Wooten - 1897
      ........ 2 James "Jim Buck" Owens 1856 - 1903
      ............ +Pernetta Bridgers Walston 1862 - 1893
      ........ *2nd Wife of James "Jim Buck" Owens:
      ............ +Tempy Webb 1860 - 1936
      ........ 2 Allie Eliza Owens 1860 - 1915
      ............ +James Silas "Jim Buck" Owens 1853 - 1919

      Above, James "Jim Buck" Owens married Pernetta Bridgers Walston.
      His sister, Allie Owens, married James Silas "Jim Buck" Owens s/o of Kinchen
      P. Owens.
      William Ida Owens, d/o Wm Henry Owens married James Jim Buck Owens b 1869.

      And probably more. It must have been a nickname.

      James Jim Buck Owens who married Pernetta Bridgers Walston had a grandson
      named Ervin Buck Owens who married Mavourneen Mabel Abrams. That is the only
      instance of the name Buck that I have come up with so far.

      Faye

    • LdMel1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13 4:39 PM
        Thanks Fay for getting me straight. This helps. The Allie that married James Silas Jim Buck Owen is the line I am trying to research. Do you know where I can find more information on that family or do you have more you can share? May be you can email me privately to share if necessary. Again thanks alot.
        The lady that I talked with was named Allie and she died two years ago.
        Linda

        LdMel1@... writes:
[...]

        information:

        We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group if you
        are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and all Eastern and
        Coastal North Carolina counties.

        Yahoo! Groups Links