JOSHUA SMITH

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
      SOURCE: Pitt County Will Book 1 p 127 June 26, 1865
      Joshua Smith Will
      Wife: Wineford (Putnall)
      Sons: Elias
      Joshua W.
      Cullen (m. Lucretia Ann Taylor)
      Daughters: Lovey (Nathan Spencer Haddock)
      Charity ( Louis Allen Taylor)
      Ritty Smith
      Mary Stocks
      Clemmy Smith
      Wit: W. A. Quinerly, Thomas Adams

      Lucretia Ann Taylor and Louis Allen Taylor were brother and sister, children of Louis H. Taylor and his wife Elizabeth Buck.

      QUESTION: Who did Ritty, Mary (Stocks) and Clemmy marry?

    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
        Hi Bill,
        I do not have a spouse for Rita 'Ritty' Smith and Clemmie Elizabeth Smith.

        I have Mary E. Smith married to Moses Stocks, the son of Alfred Stocks [b:1805] and
        Timma Patrick (who is the daughter of Joshua Patrick and Timma Tyson [b:1753]).

        I also have Joshua Wright Smith's spouse as Susan A. 'Susie' Worthington, the daughter of Silas Witherington and Susan Smith [b:1805] (who is the daughter of George and Nancy Smith).

        We disagree on Charity's spouse. I do not know who is correct.
        You indicate that he is Louis Allen Taylor, but I have Isaac Taylor, son of Emmanuel Taylor and Althea Buck. I have Lucretia's brother [Lewis Allen Taylor] married to Sophronia M. A. Griffin [b:Jan 1831]. Sophronia married twice. Did Louis/Lewis and Charity marry twice too?

        Marcia

        PS Another sibling of Lucretia was Brillaney Melissa Taylor [d:1896]. Sher married Redding Hudson, son of John Hudson. They had Arden Blount Hudson [1853-1927] buried with his wife in Greenwood Cemetery in Greenville, NC.

        Bill Kittrell <wbk99@...> wrote:
        SOURCE: Pitt County Will Book 1 p 127 June 26, 1865
        Joshua Smith Will
        Wife: Wineford (Putnall)
        Sons: Elias
        Joshua W.
        Cullen (m. Lucretia Ann Taylor)
        Daughters: Lovey (Nathan Spencer Haddock)
        Charity ( Louis Allen Taylor)
        Ritty Smith
        Mary Stocks
        Clemmy Smith
        Wit: W. A. Quinerly, Thomas Adams

        Lucretia Ann Taylor and Louis Allen Taylor were brother and sister, children of Louis H. Taylor and his wife Elizabeth Buck.

        QUESTION: Who did Ritty, Mary (Stocks) and Clemmy marry?

        North carolina home Coastal north carolina real estate North carolina real estate North carolina Genealogy research Coastal north carolina

        ---------------------------------

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
          Dear Marcia,
          Hi! Is it possible that Charity was married twice?
          I found that 3 of my McGowan ancestors were married
          twice. I learned this only after I had given out my
          information only to receive responses showing a
          different spouse. Months of additional research
          resolved the matter when I discovered spouses that I
          had known nothing about. Later, Carol

          --- Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...>