Re: [genpcncfir] RICHARD WINGATE

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2005
      Bill,
      I'm safely back home from my NC visit. Working on the material to send you.

      Thank you for sharing this, I did not have it.
      I thought I could translate the initials contained in your document. I did not know about 2 children.

      Miss Mary J. Spivey = full name : Mary John Katherine Inez Spivey

      *** [parents: John Spivey & Katherine Kittrell]

      J. A. = Jesse A. Wingate [Esther Gertrude Talbertt]

      H. S. = ?

      J. E. = Joyner E. 'Jack' Wingate [Florence Ada Harrison]

      Bill = ?

      Brownie Wingate = Brownie Willouise Wingate [Fountain Weathington]

      Mrs. R. E. Dearen = Bertha Elizabeth Wingate [R(obert) E(dward) Dearen]

      Mrs. J. S. Holton = Pholia Virginia Wingate [John Spier Holton]

      Mrs. M. C. Phillips = Maymie Wingate [Moses Carlton Phillips]

      Living siblings:

      2 brothers

      J. O. = James Ollen Wingate [Ethel Mumford]

      D. A. = David Adolph Wingate [Dora Ella Peed]

      7 sisters:

      Winnie Wingate [John T. Turnage]

      Margaret 'Maggie' Wingate

      Nannie Wingate [Benjamin R. Walls]

      Beulah Wingate [William Hardy 'Willie' Johnson]

      Susan Alice Wingate [Burton R. Allen]

      Pearl Wingate [Seth Tyson]

      Fannie Wingate [George Frank M. Dail]

      Deceased siblings:

      Charity Wingate

      Lucy O'Neal 'Luvy' Wingate [Seth Tyson]

      Marcia

      Bill Kittrell <wbk99@...> wrote:
      Here is another little bit of info that might interest someone.

      Richard Wingate was son of Joyner and Nancy Bonner McGlohon Wingate and grandson of Henry and Nancy Harper Wingate.

      RICHARD WINGATE died at his home in Morristown, Tennessee on Wednesday May 16, 1923 at 3:45 P. M. His death was from cerebral hemorage which had afflicted him for many months. Deceased was born in Pitt county September 16, 1872. He was the son of the late Joyner Wingate and Nancy his wife. On March 8, 1890 he was married to Miss Mary J. Spivey also of Pitt county. The following children survive: J. A., H. S., J. E., Bill and Brownie Wingate of Morristown, Tenn. Mrs. R. E. Dearen of Clifton Forge, Va., Mrs. J. S. Holton and Mrs. M. C. Phillips of Ayden. Also two brothers J. O. and D. A. Wingate and seven sisters.
      Funeral services were conducted at the Morristown home prior to the remains being sent to Ayden,. NC. Upon arriving in Ayden the body was placed in the home of his son-in-law Mr. J. S. Holton on Third Street. The funeral was heldFriday at 3:00 P. M. by Rev. W. H. Brunson of the Ayden Christian Church.
      Pallbearers were J.H.S. Hodges, H. G. Munford, T. R. Allen, R. W. Smith of
      Ayden and J. C. Gaskins and Burt James of Greenville. Honorary Pallbearers: Heber Munford, F. G. James, J. G. Harrington, and Bill Smith of Greenville.
      J. R. Spier and W. B. Alexander of Ayden

      North carolina home Coastal north carolina real estate North carolina real estate North carolina Genealogy research Coastal north carolina