RE: [genpcncfir] Re: Dempsey

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 11, 2005
      Edgecombe County, North Carolina Vital Records, 1720-1880 Record
      about Pippen, Mary A.
      Name: Pippen, Mary A.
      Birth Date: Bef 1840
      Marriage Date: Sep 20, 1853
      Spouse's Name: Dempsey Owens
      Location of Birth: Edgecombe co., NC
      Location of Marriage: Edgecombe co., NC

      Name: Owens, Dempsey
      Birth Date: 1799
      Marriage Date: Sep 20, 1853
      Date of Death: Aft 1860
      Spouse's Name: Mary A. Pippen
      Location of Birth: Edgecombe co., NC
      Location of Marriage: Edgecombe co., NC

      Name: Owens, Dempsey
      Birth Date: 1801
      Marriage Date: Mar 21, 1855
      Date of Death: Aft 1850
      Spouse's Name: Celia A.E. Howard
      Location of Birth: Edgecombe co., NC
      Location of Marriage: Edgecombe co., NC

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 11, 2005
        View Record Name Gender Spouse Marriage Date Marriage County

        View Record Celia A. E. Howard Female Dempsey Owens 21 Mar 1855 Edgecombe
        View Record Dempsey Owens Male Mary Pippen 20 Sep 1853 Edgecombe
        View Record Dempsey Owens Male Celia Howard 21 Mar 1855 Edgecombe
        View Record Mary A. Pippen Female Dempsey Owens 20 Sep 1853 Edgecombe

        View Record Groom Bride Marriage Date County Bondsman Witness

        View Record Dempsey Owens Celia A E Howard 21 Mar 1855 Edgecombe William
        X Owe W. S. Pitt, (CL
        View Record Dempsey Owens Mary A Pippen 20 Sep 1853 Edgecombe William
        (X) Owe W. S. Pitt, (Clerk

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 11, 2005
          Record Name Birth Date Gender Birth County Parent1 Parent2

          Barbara Ann Owens 12 Jun 1937 Edgecombe Dempsey Goodman Owens
          Dempey Bruce Owens 16 May 1916 Pitt Jim Owens Nora Moore
          Dempsey F Owens 30 Jun 1925 Pitt Henry F Owens Ethel M Goff
          Dempsey Goodman Owens 20 Feb 1901 Male Edgecombe Columbus Washington Owens
          Emma Catherine Ellis
          Dempsey Lee Owens 31 May 1946 Male Randolph Dameron Lee Owens Nova Letha
          Saunders
          Dempsey Raymond Owens 15 Apr 1909 Pitt James Turnet Owens Nettie Wooten
          Donna Sue Owens 28 Apr 1969 Female Montgomery Dempsey Lee Owens Jackie
          Louise Northcutt
          James Dempsey Owens 13 Jun 1939 Male Rutherford Blanch Owens
          Miranda Leigh Owens 22 Dec 1994 Moore Dempsey L Owens Jr. Pamela D
          Parsons
          Travers K Owens 4 Oct 1935 Pitt Dempsey R Owens Capitola Matthis
          Unnamed Owens 12 Apr 1926 Male Halifax Dempsey Goodman Owens Flossie Lee
          Newton
          William Lawrence Owens 6 Nov 1930 Male Greene Dempsey Raymond Owens
          Captola Mathews
          Wilton Gene Owens 22 Oct 1938 Pitt Dempsey R Owens Vernia C Matthews

          Paula Anne Baker
          paulabaker69@...
          Greene County NC
        • LdMel1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 11, 2005
            I do not have anything on the Goodman name. That was sent to me by Linda Bass. I am not sure if she proved everything that she put in her book or took other people's word.
            Linda

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 13, 2005
              Dear Paula,
              You have helped me before with my McGowan line. I
              have been keeping up with the many contributions you
              have been making to other members of our group seeking
              information on their families. Your Pippen family
              information strikes a chord. Many of my relatives
              settled in neighboring counties before coming to Pitt.
              One line is the Pippen line. This line married into my
              Cherry line. I learned this from the 1850 census
              online resources at the PCFR website.
              Since I do not have my records to hand, I am just
              feeling my way right now. I can get back to you
              shortly with the information I do have. Thanks, Carol

              > Edgecombe County, North Carolina Vital Records,
              > 1720-1880 Record
              > about Pippen, Mary A.
              > Name: Pippen, Mary A.
              > Birth Date: Bef 1840
              > Marriage Date: Sep 20, 1853
              > Spouse's Name: Dempsey Owens
              > Location of Birth: Edgecombe co., NC
              > Location of Marriage: Edgecombe co., NC
              >

              > Name: Owens, Dempsey
              > Birth Date: 1799
              > Marriage Date: Sep 20, 1853
              > Date of Death: Aft 1860
              > Spouse's Name: Mary A. Pippen
              > Location of Birth: Edgecombe co., NC
              > Location of Marriage: Edgecombe co., NC
              >
              > Name: Owens, Dempsey
              > Birth Date: 1801
              > Marriage Date: Mar 21, 1855
              > Date of Death: Aft 1850
              > Spouse's Name: Celia A.E. Howard
              > Location of Birth: Edgecombe co., NC
              > Location of Marriage: Edgecombe co., NC
              >

              > Paula Anne Baker
              > paulabaker69@...
              > Researching BAKER, MANNING, TYSON, STOCKS AND OTHERS
              > in Pitt County NC and
              > Greene County NC
              > and COLE, NORMAN, WHITE, SUTTON AND OTHERS in SC,
              > GA, and LA

              __________________________________
              Yahoo! Music Unlimited
              http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 17, 2005
                Carol,
                I don't have Pippens. Just helping out someone else.

                Paula Anne Baker
                paulabaker69@...
                Greene County NC
              • Ruth L. Cunningham
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
                  Sorry, I notice I put the wrong Digest number. I should have been 1762.

                  Ruth Coward Cunningham