Re: Where is his land?

  • kakgkp
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
      Hi Faye,

      I think you may have two men mixed up here. Dempsey Owens who
      married Nancy Pitt is not the same as Goodman Owens who married
      Rachel. Nancy Pitt was married to Dempsey by the time of her
      mother's will in 1837, and Goodman and Rachel have land deeds dated
      later than that. Dempsey also died in 1871, not 1880.

      They are also both enumerated in the 1830 census. Goodman Owens is
      living in Pitt County. Dempsey is enumerated in Edgecombe in 1830.
      Goodman is also about ten years older than Dempsey.

      I believe that Goodman Owens and his wife Rachel moved to Madison
      County, TN, after selling their land in 1839. They are enumerated
      there in 1840, 1850 and 1860.

      Kimberly

      genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, eahsr16@a... wrote:

      > Does anyone know the location of the land of Dempsey Goodman
      Owens? Thanks.

      > Descendants of Dempsey Goodman Owens
      >
      > 1 Dempsey Goodman Owens 1801 - 1880
      > . +Rachel
      > *2nd Wife of Dempsey Goodman Owens:
      > . +Nancy Pitts 1814 -
      >
      > Faye Hays

    • Lou-BB
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
        Faye,
        I have been to his property, but for the life of me I can't remember how to
        tell you to get there. It is somewhere near to Crisp, NC in the area of
        Otters Creek Primitive Baptist Church. Thanks for his 1st wife's name. I
        didn't have that, only Nancy's as 2nd wife.
        Linda Bottoms Bass