Moore Family NC-MO

  • Esther Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2005
      I have been reading the posts on the MOORE family. So far I do not
      recognize the first names mentioned so far. I have not done much
      research in North Carolina on my Moore line. I do know that Sterling
      MOORE was born in NC (maybe Washington or Martian County) and moved to
      Synite, St. Francois County, MO around 1830 or so I believe. The
      family has been there ever since. At one time it was a large mining
      community, now it is a wide spot in the road called Knob Lick.

      I also have Moores from North Carolina that married into my ROWE line
      from Beaufort County, and I believe my ANGE line.

      Esther Moore (nee Rowe)