Where is his land?

  • eahsr16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2005
      Does anyone know the location of the land of Dempsey Goodman Owens? Thanks.

      Descendants of Dempsey Goodman Owens

      1 Dempsey Goodman Owens 1801 - 1880
      . +Rachel
      *2nd Wife of Dempsey Goodman Owens:
      . +Nancy Pitts 1814 -

      Faye Hays

    • kakgkp
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
        Hi Faye,

        I think you may have two men mixed up here. Dempsey Owens who
        married Nancy Pitt is not the same as Goodman Owens who married
        Rachel. Nancy Pitt was married to Dempsey by the time of her
        mother's will in 1837, and Goodman and Rachel have land deeds dated
        later than that. Dempsey also died in 1871, not 1880.

        They are also both enumerated in the 1830 census. Goodman Owens is
        living in Pitt County. Dempsey is enumerated in Edgecombe in 1830.
        Goodman is also about ten years older than Dempsey.

        I believe that Goodman Owens and his wife Rachel moved to Madison
        County, TN, after selling their land in 1839. They are enumerated
        there in 1840, 1850 and 1860.

        Kimberly

        genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, eahsr16@a... wrote:

        > Does anyone know the location of the land of Dempsey Goodman
        Owens? Thanks.

        > Descendants of Dempsey Goodman Owens
        >
        > 1 Dempsey Goodman Owens 1801 - 1880
        > . +Rachel
        > *2nd Wife of Dempsey Goodman Owens:
        > . +Nancy Pitts 1814 -
        >
        > Faye Hays

      • Lou-BB
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
          Faye,
          I have been to his property, but for the life of me I can't remember how to
          tell you to get there. It is somewhere near to Crisp, NC in the area of
          Otters Creek Primitive Baptist Church. Thanks for his 1st wife's name. I
          didn't have that, only Nancy's as 2nd wife.
          Linda Bottoms Bass