Martha Ann Patsy Joyner

  • eahsr16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
      If the names are the same, or different, it is two different women who
      married Dempsey Owens and the one who married Jesse Owens.

      The Patsy owens who married Jesse Owens had a daughter named Sarah, born
      1816, who married Isham Gay son of Dempsey Gay and Polly Andre.

      At that time, Dempsey Owens' first wife, Nancy Lester daughter of Moses
      Lester, was still alive. Nancy Lester died about 1820. Nancy's children were Cealy
      and Frances. There may have been others, that is all that I have.

      Looks like a double dose of the name Dempseys, on the Owens and Gay sides,
      and Martha Ann Patsy on the Joyner and Bruce side.

      A tangled web so far.

      Faye Hays

    • Betty Cobb Batchelor
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
        Faye,
        What are your sources for Jesse and Patsy Owens being the parents of
        Sally Owens who married Isham Gay? I have been trying to locate this
        information. Help would be appreciated.

        Betty