Re: [genpcncfir] OWENS, Dempsey

  • eahsr16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
      In a message dated 10/5/2005 3:57:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      norrisv@... writes:
      I have:
      Jesse Owen married Patsey Joyner Sept. 10, 1811 in Edgecombe bonded
      by Benjamin Gay witnessed by M. Hearn.
      1850: Speight Twp. Greene County Fed. Cen., Enum. 6th day of Sept.
      1850: HH 402/402 Jesse Owen, age 65, Laborer, Martha Owen, age 60.

      Is this a different Martha Patsy Ann Joyner?

      _____________

      I don't know, the two are about 10 years apart in ages according to the
      census.

      One of the Martha Ann Joyners was the daughter (maybe they are the same
      person?) was the daughter of Drewry Joyner who died in 1821 and shows the Martha
      Patsy Owens married at that time to an Owens. Dempsey Owens first wife died by
      1820.

      Source Edgecombe Co. NC Will Abstracts 1793-1823 by David Gammon:

      234 Drewry (x) Joiner (Joyner) 3 June 1820 August court 1821 O E/274.
      Daughter Elizabeth Joiner bed, cow calf, stock of bees. Daughters Susannah Howard
      and Martha (Patsey) Owens seven shillings each. Wife Cealy remaining estate
      during her single life or widowhood and at her death or marriage it shall be
      divided between my son Elverson Joiner and my daughter Elizabeth Joiner

      I also have a Susannah "Howard" above, Susannah Joyner married to a Jordan
      Bruce with a daughter named Martha Patsy Bruce. Don't know any more, if she
      married to Jordan Bruce later or if it is the same Susannah Howard.

      Descendants of Susannah Joyner

      1 Susannah Joyner 1783 - 1839
      . +Jordan Bruce
      ........ 2 Spencer Jackson Bruce
      ........ 2 Willis Bruce
      ........ 2 Martha Patsy Bruce
      ........ 2 James Bruce 1808 - 1880
      ............ +Annis Barnhill 1812 -

      One fact leads to another, but I can't pinpoint anything to say who is who,
      or if it is the same person, or if it is the wrong person entirely.

      Faye Hays