Hilliard Owens

  • eahsr16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2005
      Hilliard Thomas Owens birth 1820. Hilliard married Elizabeth "Betsey" Owens
      (birth 1820) on 15 December 1840.

      Source: Marriages of Early Edgecombe Co., NC 1733-1868, by Ruth Smith
      Williams & Margarette Glenn Griffin: Owens, Hilliard - Elizabeth (Betsey) Owens, 15
      Dec. 1840, Rial Edwards, (w) John Norfleet, Clk.

      (Reference International Genealogy Index IGI O 1133 United States Edgecombe
      Co. North Carolina. Surname Fich Nixon - Page Batch Film 8212005.)

      Hilliard and Elizabeth had the following children:

      i. Levi Owens b 1848

      ii. Andrew J Owens b 1849. Andrew married Elizabeth Owens (License issued
      on Nov. 21, 1873) Male: 24, Wilson Co. resident, Female 18, Wilson Co.
      resident. Marriage performed by Elbert Felton, J. P. on November 23, 1873 at Saratoga
      Twp. Witness: Benjamin Gay, Nath Moore and Levi Owens.

      iii. Elverson Ivey Owens b 1852. Married Married Mary Johnson on December
      19, 1875. Male 23 Wilson Co. resident, Female age 22 Wilson Co. resident.
      Marriage performed by B.H. Boykin, M.G. at Saratoga Wittness: B.L. Owens, N.D.
      Owens and R.A. Rogers.

      Elverson and Mary following children:

      a. Hilliard Owens birth ca. 1867

      b. John J. Owens birth ca. 1870

      c. Mc. E. Owens birth ca 1873

      d. J. B. Owens birth ca. 1880

      iv. Jane Owens b 1853

      v. Thomas Owens birth 1857, died 1926. Thomas married Fanny Galloway Owens
      birth 1868, died 1948. Thomas and Fanny had the following children:

      a. Johnnie Andrews Owens birth ca 1899 married Letha Estelle Evans in 1923.
      Johnnie and Letha had the following children:

      Lizzie Mae Owens birth 1924. Lizzie married Mr. Cobb.

      Agnes Louise Owens birth 1926. Agnes married Mr. Cobb.

      Dorothy Christine (Cindy) Owens birth 1930. Cindy married Mr. Moye.

      Mattie Lee Owens birth 1932. Mattie married Mr. Cox.

      Linda Ann Owens birth 1944. Linda married Mr. Wooten.

      vi. Annie Owens 1859

      vii G. F. Owens 1864

      viii Elizabeth Owens married Mr. Baker.