GARDNER

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 22, 2005
      David, I assume you have the information of will of William Gardner of Tyrrell. I believe this was the one mentioned in your posting. Will of Feb 11, 1754

      There was a Martin Gardner in Bertie. Will of Jan 1760. Mentions wife, Ann, Sons John, William, Martin and James. Daughters Ann, Jane and Elizabeth.

      I have a bunch of notes taken from the NC Genealogical Review by Hathway. Have other pages but feel you have all of these.

      Judy, Lill Jackson's notes on the Gardners state that Asa was a son of Isaac. Patent Book 1 Craven County Oct 23, 1783 has Isaac Gardner paying 50 shillings for 100 acres, located at corner of said Gardner line to Aaron Cox corner, to Edward Gardner line to Jepse Gardner corner.

    • Bill Kittrell
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 26, 2005
        Marriages in Craven County, NC
        Asa Gardner m. Sarah Gwaltney Feb 18, 1818
        Bryan Gardner m. Caroline Nelson Sept 20, 1842
        Churchill Gardner m. Anna M. Harris May 27, 1852
        Graves GArdner m. Ann Smith May 2, 1822
        Isaac Gardner m. Eliza Pate Oct 26, 1858
        John Gardner m. Julia A. Latham Nov 15, 1826
        John Gardner m. Rosetta Ann Salter Feb 5, 1852
        William Gardner m. Charlotte Jones Dec 24, 1793
        William Gardner m. Frances Shines May 6, 1809
        William Gardner m. Betsy Delamar April 29, 1812

      • Bill Kittrell
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 26, 2005
          Craven Census 1850
          #1334 Bryan Gardner M 35 Farmer Married Caroline Nelson Sept 20, 1842 Craven County, NC
          Caroline F 28 (d/o Col. Joseph Nelson)
          William M 7
          Mary F 5
          Susan F 3
          Churchwell M 22
          Frances Delamar F 27

          #721 George Gardner M 31
          Sarah F 26
          Thomas M 8
          Sarah F 6
          George M 4
          Betsy F l
          Betsy Parson F 13

        • Deborah Barnes
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 27, 2005
            I havea Betsey Gardner married to a William Franks on March 27, 1834, does
            anyone have anything on this Betsey Gardner???