Boykin

  • eahsr16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2005
      I know there is at least one other Boykin researcher on this list. I found
      this cemetery information on the net and will share. It gives the birth and
      deaths of our earliest ancestor, Edward Boykin.

      BOYKIN CEMETERY

      LOCATED JUST NORTH OF HWY 460, ACROSS THE BLACKWATER RIVER FROM ZUNI,
      SOUTHAMPTON CO.,VA. ON A HORSE FARM OWNED BY MRS. LARISON COPIED BY ALVA DAIREL
      BOYKIN ON 04-11-2001.

      THERE IS ONE LARGE TOMBSTONE WITH THE FOLLOWING NAMES LISTED

      EDWARD BOYKIN
      BORN 1650
      DIED 1728

      WILLIAM BOYKIN
      BORN 1680
      06-19-1731

      SIMON BOYKIN
      DIED 06-16-1788
      S/O WILLIAM BOYKIN

      MAJOR SIMON BOYKIN
      DIED 1834
      S/O SIMON BOYKIN

      MAJOR JOHN BOYKIN
      DIED 1855
      HIS WIFE CAROLINE MATILDA KELLO
      S/O MAJOR SIMON BOYKIN
      CHILDREN:
      WILLIAM HENRY BOYKIN
      JOHN BOYKIN
      MARIE LOUISA BOYKIN
      SALLIE BURGES BOYKIN

      NANCY ANDREWS BOYKIN
      BORN FEB. 18
      DIED AUG. 1, 1916
      D/O MAJOR JOHN AND CAROLINE
      MATILDA KELLO BOYKIN
      WIFE OF
      JOHN CULLEN GRIFFIN, M.D.
      BORN 1840
      DIED DEC.5, 1887
      CHILDREN:
      LULAH Z. GRIFFIN
      BORN DEC. 24, 1862
      DIED OCT. 9, 1882
      JOHN CULLEN GRIFFIN

      THERE ARE PROBABLY OTHER BOYKINS GRAVES IN THIS CEMETERY ALSO."