Re: [genpcncfir] Jamestowne book

  • Edith Cox
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 23, 2005
      Evelyn,
      There is a David Peebles, Sr. (different spelling)
      b. circa 1739 VA, d. abt. 1-1-1796 in GA. and married Elizabeth Cook. He was
      a soldier and performed patriotic service in NC.
      Edith
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 23, 2005
        Evelyn, do you or other Peoples/Peebles researchers know anything
        about the Edgecombe County marriage record of David Peoples who
        married Rebecca Jenkins 11/10/1824? I descend from David Henry
        Washington Peoples/Peebles who was born around 1850 in Edgecombe
        County (I think). His father supposedly was Ashley A. Peoples
        (according to marriage bond). His mother was Mary "Polly" A. Raynor
        Peoples/Peebles. In the 1910 census, I found him in the Speights
        Bridge area of Greene County as a boarder in the home of John H.
        Jenkins. He probably died soon thereafter.

        Thanks.........Liz
      • Evelyn Hendricks
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 23, 2005
          These names sound familiar. I have not been able to connect to them, but I
          think I have a little information. I am not sure I have it or if I just
          remember the names from my research. Right now I don't know where my notes
          are. We still don't have everything straightened from our move. I have not
          been able to help and I told my husband to just my let genealogy stuff
          alone and I would get to it when I could. I am getting better now and maybe
          before long I will be able to get it put away. When I do I will let you know
          if I have anything on these people.
          Evelyn