Re: [genpcncfir] Re: making copies at county register of deeds

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2005
      Dear Darlene,
      Thanks for the treasure trove of information. As
      you pointed out, it is a real burden to be on a
      research trip, discover new information, need to copy
      it, but find that the rules put restrictions in the
      way. It is especially frustrating when the costs
      exceed one's travel budget or when one has to have
      change, but there is no place outside one's own pocket
      to obtain it. There oughta be a law! At least with
      your information, the researcher is forewarned. Nearly
      every one of the facilities you mentioned have records
      of my own ancestors, and I really appreciate having
      the information on the different charges and rules
      that affect copying. I will keep your information on
      hand as a reference to use in planning my research. I
      realize that charges are subject to change, but I can
      at least prepare myself with plenty of change wherever
      I go--just in case. Later, Carol

      --- Darlene Whitfield <sisdar@...>