Re: [genpcncfir] some Laughinghouse and Ellis information

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 16, 2005
      Dear Carrol,
      You have done some great work. A lot of what you sent was new to me.

      I do have a few additions - I will present them in the order as they appear in your letter.

      - - - - - - - - -

      Birthplace for Bertha Ellis & Elester Laughinghouse may be Greensboro (Guilford County), NC

      Birth year for Henry "Jack" Laughinghouse is different on Social Security Death Index
      HENRY LAUGHINGHOUS 21 Oct 1905 Mar 1985 27834 (Greenville, Pitt, NC) 27834 (Greenville, Pitt, NC) *SSN* North Carolina

      - - - - - - - - -

      On your 1870 census record - the mother of all the children is probably Virginia, because they are black. Therefore, if Edward Jr is from this family he was born after the 1870 census not "about 1865". These children are probably not Edward's because then they would be listed as mulatto.

      Really good work. Sincerely, Marcia

      PS There are only 174 Laughinghouse records on the social security death index and only 161 on the white pages for the USA.

      carrol <cpgoofy16@...> wrote:

      Hello Everyone,

      I have been very quiet researching my daughter's laughinghouse line.
      I have some information to post on it that I have gathered so far. I hope that someone on the list may be able to fillin some of the gaps.
      David L. Laughinghouse son of Elester Laughinghouse and Bertha Ellis
      Elester Laughinghouse b. 09 April 1938 NC d. 13 July 1997 Greenville, Pitt County, NC
      son of Henry "Jack" Laughinghouse b. 21 October 1910 NC d. 12 March 1985 Pitt County, NC and Nealie (?) Laughinghouse b. 22 Feb 1908 NC d. 25 Sept 2002 Greenville, Pitt County, NC
      from what I have been able to find so far he was the son of Edward and Mary Laughinghouse
      Edward Lauginghouse b. about 1865 in NC d.? Mary b. about 1870 NC d.?
      son of Edward Laughinghouse b. about 1840 NC
      I think Edward Laughinghouse was the son of Ajax Laughinghouse and Hannah. Ajax Laughinghouse b. about 1820 NC and Hannah about 1830 NC. I found Ajax with Edward Laughinghouse on some slave schedules.

      I would be interested in knowing more on Ajax and the slave records of Edward Laughinghouse married Fanny R.? he was born about 1846 in NC on the 1870 census he is listed as follows:
      1870 North Carolina Pitt county, Chicod Township 24 august
      184 184 Laughinghouse Edward 24 M W Farmer 8000 600 North Carolina
      184 184 Laughinghouse Faney R 23 F W Keeping House North Carolina
      184 184 Laughinghouse Virginia 30 F B Farm Hand North Carolina
      184 184 Laughinghouse Hannah 10 F B Farm Hand North Carolina
      184 184 Laughinghouse Joseph 6 M B North Carolina
      184 184 Laughinghouse ? 1 M B North Carolina

      the other piece of information on the Ellis Family
      Bertha M. Ellis daughter of John Eddie Ellis and Fannie Mae Atkinson

      John Eddie Ellis b. 15 Mar 1911 NC d. 21 Jan 1976 Edgecombe, NC
      son of John (Jon) Eddy Ellis b. 1883 NC and Luisa (Louisa) ? b. 1887 NC d. ?
      children of John (Jon) Eddy Ellis and Luisa
      Rosa b. 1908 NC
      John E. b. 15 Mar 1911 NC d. 21 Jan 1976 NC
      William b. 1913 NC
      David b. 1914 NC
      Sarah b. 1917 NC
      Nomia? b. 1919 Nc
      Lillie b. 1921 NC
      Willie b. 1921 NC
      Roberta b. 1924 NC
      Bertie b. 1924 NC
      Edith Mae b 1925 NC
      this is from the 1930 Census North Carolina Greene County, Spreight Bridge Township
      This family lived in Pitt County also.

      Thanks and I hope this was not too confusing.

      sincerely,

      Carrol Mick
      carrolmick@...
      and
      cpgoofy16@...

      ---------------------------------

    • Bill Kittrell
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 17, 2005
        Source: Saint Peter Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery..Old Pactolus Road,
        .6 mile east of US 264.
        Remus Laughinghouse NC A3C AF Medical GP b. Oct 9, 1932 d. July 5, 1952
        Bernice Laughinghouse, d/o Charley & Esther Laughinghouse b. Oct 15, 1928 d.
        May 4, 1929.

        Only about nine people buried here. Surnames: Golet, Clemons, Daniel,
        Ebron, Chancy, Boyd.
        Bill