Dails. Deele

  • Dani
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2005
      Clear DayHello Everyone,

      In the 1790 Census of Pitt Co there is a Paul Deale,
      He was also on the tax lists of 1762 and 1763.

      In the 1850 census there are three Deals listed.

      Job Deel 35 NC Farmer
      Arcena 35
      John
      Steven
      Levi
      James Gray
      Family no 324

      Nathan Deel 28 NC Laborer
      Sarah Garris 32
      Henry
      Wm
      Paul
      Family no 662 Griffin's District

      Offie Deal Theophilus 23 NC Laborer
      Nancy Davis 24
      Elizabeth
      Bryan
      Jesse
      Burneys District Family no 777

      In the 1830 census Paul Deele had hosehold members as males under 5- 1
      under ten- 1
      under 30 -1
      Females
      1- under five
      1- under 30

      Is Paul Deele (Deel) the father of Offie Dail Sr married to Nancy Davis? Are Job and Nathan his brothers? Did Deel/Deele become Dail? I have done research and there are many origins of the name.

      I would appreciate any help I could get. Thank you so much.
      Dani Jones

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2005
        Dear Dani,
        The family you mention here is my paternal
        grandmother's family. Offie Deal was one of her
        uncles. Matthew D. Dail was her father. By pure
        chance, last night I was reviewing e-mails I had on
        this family from Liza Scarola, whose website "The Pitt
        County McGowans and Sermons" contains information
        about our family. Lisa's web can be accessed through
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr
        Then go to "More links" to reach Lisa's web. Nancy
        Davis was the wife, but if I recall correctly, this
        ancestor had been married before.
        I will re-check my correspondence at home tonight
        and reply tomorrow. My grandmother, by the way, was
        Dosie Dail. Her mother was Eleanor Frances Crawford.
        It is great to hear from family. Later, Carol