paying for copied records

  • graypom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2005
      I live in Virginia Beach and they charge $1.00 per copy for all records like wills, deeds and all geneaolgy records. Even when I am the one looking it up, they will not allow me to copy it. I must make a list, give it to them, pay them, and wait about a week or more to get my copies in the mail. It cost me $26.00 the last time I went. Needless to say, I don't go for records there unless I must.

      Ola

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2005
        Dear Group and Ola,
        I forgot to note that although Richmond does look
        up records for you the courts here will let you look
        them up yourself and assist you. The times I have made
        copies the staff has always had them ready for me
        within minutes. The Library of Virginia here in
        Richmond has also been very helpful in assisting me
        with copies and in making copies for me. I have never
        had to leave the library without my copies tucked
        safely into my notebook. Later, Carol

        --- graypom <graypom@...> wrote:

        > I live in Virginia Beach and they charge $1.00 per
        > copy for all records like wills, deeds and all
        > geneaolgy records. Even when I am the one looking it
        > up, they will not allow me to copy it. I must make
        > a list, give it to them, pay them, and wait about a
        > week or more to get my copies in the mail. It cost
        > me $26.00 the last time I went. Needless to say, I
        > don't go for records there unless I must.
        >
        > Ola

      • Rhet Wilkinson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2005
          The only county office where I have made copies is Edgecombe County, NC and if I remember correctly I payed no more than .25 per copy. Maybe even less. Rhet