Need information

  • Elizabeth Beavers
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2005
      To anyone that might have information on a place in North Carolina, Ihave been told it is in Martin County, the place is called Hanging Dog, N.C. If anyone can give me any info about this place I would appreciate. I have been told some of our family on my husbands siden came from there. Hope someone has info on this place and can help me locate it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you, Elizabeth Beavers

    • Paula Bannerman
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2005
        Do a search on Google with this search string:

        "hanging dog" "North Carolina"

        found this link
        http://www.cemeterysurveysinc.com/albums/CherokeeNC/HangingDog/ from this
        page http://www.cemeterysurveysinc.com/cherokeenc.html

        hope this helps

        Paula
        > To anyone that might have information on a place in North Carolina, Ihave
        been told it is in Martin County, the place is called Hanging Dog, N.C. If
        anyone can give me any info about this place I would appreciate. I have been
        told some of our family on my husbands siden came from there. Hope someone
        has info on this place and can help me locate it. Any help would be much
        appreciated. Thank you, Elizabeth Beavers

        > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

      • Edith Cox
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2005
          Acccording to the NORTH CAROLINA GAZETEER, Hanging Dog is Cherokee County
          in the western part of North Carolina.
          Edith
          > To anyone that might have information on a place in North Carolina, Ihave
          > been told it is in Martin County, the place is called Hanging Dog, N.C. If
          > anyone can give me any info about this place I would appreciate. I have
          > been told some of our family on my husbands siden came from there. Hope
          > someone has info on this place and can help me locate it. Any help would
          > be much appreciated. Thank you, Elizabeth Beavers

          > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

        • May Craven
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 9 8:14 PM
            Elizabeth: I finally remembered to call my brother-in-law about Hanging Dog, NC. He is a retired state trooper and was born and reared in Williamston, Martin County, NC; thus he has travelled every community and little town in the entire area. He had never heard of Hanging Dog nor remembered any reference to it. I'm sorry, Elizabeth; if anyone would know of it, he surely would. Good luck. May.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 10 5:56 AM
              Hanging Dog, Cherokee CO, NC ...

              Paula Anne Baker
              paulabaker69@...
              Greene County NC
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 10 5:58 AM
                http://www.cemeterysurveysinc.com/albums/CherokeeNC/MountNebo/

                Paula Anne Baker
                paulabaker69@...
                Greene County NC
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 10 6:20 AM
                  HANGING DOG COMMUNITY, HANGING DOG CREEK and HANGING DOG MOUNTAIN are all
                  located in Cherokee County. The Dockery Family Association Inc. website ()
                  provides an account of �How Hanging Dog Got Its Name.�

                  http://www.tib.com/dfai/dfaihdog.htm

                  Paula Anne Baker
                  paulabaker69@...
                  Greene County NC