Re: [genpcncfir] Digest Number 1618

  • Dani
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2005
      Hello,
      I have not been heard from in awhile. But I am a researching the Jones from
      Bethel, Pitt Co. Frederick White was my ggggrandfather. He was the father
      of Susan White who married Joe Jones. I have found out that Fred was born
      in Bertie Co, and his father was Fred White Sr, and his mother could have
      possibly been Judith Byrum. Their date of marriage was 1792. Sr could have
      possibly served in the was of 1812. Sr was born between 1765-1784. Jr was
      born 1811? I have also heard he was born 1814? Any information on these
      White would be appreciated. Also Fred White Jr married Mary Davis, she was
      Susan's mother. She was suppose to be a Indian. Cherokee? Thanks for any
      info.
      Also I noticed Jones, Worthington, McGlawhorn (and other spellings) Jackson,
      names-
      My Dad was William Fred Jones, born 1917.
      His Dad was Fred Jones
      He was the son of Joe Jones, son of Jim Jones. Jeeze-such original names
      LOL
      Thanks, Dani Sue Jones Overton

      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2005
        Dani
        Was there a Jennie (Janine,Janice) Jones that married a Jackson in you line
        of Jones?
        Golda

      • rootspuzzle
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2005
          Bertie County NC Vital Statistics, 1700s- 1920
          Name: White, Frederick
          Birth Date: Bef 1836
          Spouse's Name: Frances Collins
          Date of Marrige: Nov 26, 1853
          Place of Marriage: Bertie co., NC

          Name: Byrum, Judith
          Date of Birth: Bef 1775
          Date of Marriage: Jun 15, 1792
          Spouse: Frederick White
          Place of Marriage: Bertie co., NC

          1860 Pitt Co 1281-1250
          Fred White 46
          Mary 50
          J A 16 m
          M A 13 f
          J B 11 m
          Susan 9
          Martha 7
          Margaret 3

          1880 Pitt Co Contentnea
          86-86 John White 32 wd
          Lewis 9 son
          Fred 7 son
          87-87 Fred White 67
          Frankey 40 wife
          Margaret 24 Daughter
          Tilmon 14 gSon
          Thomas 11 gSon

          Source: ancestry.com

          1850PittCountyCensus: 635 White Frederick 26 NC Farmer 75
          Davis Mary 30 NC
          Jacky A. 6 NC
          Mary A. 5 NC
          John B. 2 NC
          Susan A. 5/12 NC
          Susan 20 NC

          1870FederalCensusContentneaTownship: Family 129
          White, Fred, 54, Farmer
          Mary, 50, Keeping House
          John 22, Farmer
          Martha, 17, At Home