[genpcfr] Skinner

  • Joyce
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 24, 1999
      Also Mahala
      In the 1870 census Lenoir County
      Nathan Skinner about 1846
      Mary Skinner about 1852
      William Skinner about 1869
      Smithie about 1830
      Esther about 1858
      Esther about 1835
      Richard about 1862
      Jessie about 1864
      Rhoda about 1850

      We know that Smithie Farmer would have been born about 1829-30 but all the
      names fell under the household Skinner name. Also, with her daughter Mary
      being married to Nathan and having a daughter Ester that married George
      Slaughter I'm thinking the dates aren't always correct on the census. Any
      idea let me know.

      Rena

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/genpcfr
    • G. Howard Phillips
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 24, 1999
        I missed earlier queries concerning Nathaniel Skinner. I have research this
        familiy. What do you wish to know.

        Howard
        G. Howard Phillips
        Hilliard, OH - SURNAMES: PHILLIPS, SKINNER, WARREN, MOORE, BEST, SMITH,
        WILSON, HIGGS, FLANAGAN, SUTTON, HARDY

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 24, 1999
          Mr. Phillips, I've e-mailed you before. I'm just trying to get the dates and
          correct families together. I sent some info to genpcfr earlier, anything
          that you can tell me would be appreciated. I am trying to find the family of
          Mary Farmer Skinner. I've found a death certificate of a Mary Skinner that
          says the mother was Smithie Farmer and the daddy was Lubie Harper. The death
          date matches, but not the birthday. I've thought all this time that Smithie
          would be the mother to Mary Farmer Skinner and Easter Farmer Slaughter. If
          you come by these names could you help. What time frame were you searching
          for your Nathaniel Skinner's parents?

          Rena

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/genpcfr
        • Gayle Licari
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 24, 1999
            Some of the SKINNER's from Lenoir/Wayne County ended up in Darlington, SC
            District and married with either George or William Mozingo of Lenoir/Dobbs
            County, NC Gayle W. Licari

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 25, 1999
              Rena:

              My Nathaniel Skinner was born about 1770 and died in Lenoir County, NC in
              about 1843. His wife's name was Sarah. I haven't been able to identify
              parents for either. My best guest to date is Nathaniel was a son of William
              Skinner who moved to Georgia, perhaps via SC. Nathaniel and Sarah had
              several children but I have only been able to identify Benjamin Jesse
              Skinner who was my ancestor and his brother Nathan. Benjamin Jesse was born
              in Johnston County. Nathan was born about 1816 and died after 1870 in Lenoir
              County. This Nathan married Susannah Daughtery. They had a son named Nathan
              Byran Skinner, born 27 Nov. 1846, and died 4 May 1880 in the Johnson Mills
              area of Lenoir Co.

              I will check my records further, but I got to get ready to go to church.

              Howard

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 25, 1999
                By chance would the Johnson Mills area be anywhere near the Institute area of
                Lenoir County> Gayle

              • Cemetaries@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 25, 1999
                  Howard, am from the N.C. family of Bryan' s , if you run across them, please
                  let me know. thanks, andy from Jacksonville, fl..

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 25, 1999
                    At 12:45 PM 4/25/1999 -0700, you wrote:

                    Rena:

                    I don't know. Perhaps a local resident will tell us.

                    Howard

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 25, 1999
                      Andy:

                      I don't know anything about the Bryan family. If I run across them, I'll let
                      you know.

                      Howard

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 26, 1999
                        Howard, thanks alot, hope everything is going o.k. with you, Good Luck, andy,
                        from jax. fl.

                        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/genpcfr
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 27, 1999
                          Hello Andy...
                          Are your BRYAN's also in the Wayne County area???
                          Jewelle
                          Main Surnames:
                          BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
                          McGLOHON, WINGATE etc
                          Visit & BookMark PCFR Website:
                          http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/
                          Mark your calendars:
                          PCFR annual REUNION and General Meeting Oct. 8th & 9th
                          Greenville, N.C.

                          >From: Cemetaries@...
                          >At 03:52 PM 4/25/99 EDT, you wrote:
                          >Howard, am from the N.C. family of Bryan' s , if you run across them, please
                          >let me know. thanks, andy from Jacksonville, fl..

                          <snip>

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 28, 1999
                            Jewelle, thanks for asking about the Bryan's, all i know is that my Bryan's
                            are from Pollockville, in Craven County, N.C. if you run across any, please
                            let me know, My G.Grandfather was Jerry Bryan, his wife Elizabeth Mercer, Her
                            father was John Mercer, have a good day, andy from Jacksonville, Fl.

                            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/genpcfr