Re: [genpcncfir] SAULTZ FAMILY

  • Julian Byrd
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2005
      Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms
      of Service
      Jump to Forum

      Home: Surnames: Saults Family Genealogy Forum

      Re: John W. Saultz and Annie Taylor Saultz-Ashe Co
      Posted by: BARBARA JANE Date: February 20, 2002 at 20:52:09
      by Sam Matthews of 52

      SAM,
      I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR THE INFO YOU SENT ME-IT WAS TOTALLY
      AWESOME. ELZINE PARRISH AND JOHN SALTS SR. WERE MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS. THEIR
      SON JOHN WILLIAM SAULTZ/SALTS AND SARAH ANN ELIZABETH TAYLOR SALTS WERE MY
      GRANDPARENTS. THEIR BIRTH AND DEATH DATES SENT BY YOU WERE CORRECT. I AM
      LOOKING FOR THE SHORT STORY I WROTE ABOUT THEM,SO I CAN SEND IT TO YOU.
      SARAH ANN ELIABETH SALTS WAS DAUGHTER TO WILLIAM HENRY TAYLOR-WHO WAS BORN
      IN ROCKINGHAM CO.,NC AND MARTHA FRANCIS OSBORNE TAYLOR. HER SISTERS
      WERE-MARY(MAGGIE) WHO MARRIED ES SHUMATE (SHERIFF OF THE CHESTNUT HILL AREA
      AT THAT TIME. CELIA ALICE BAKER, WIFE OF WINT BAKER,CORA WHO WAS MARRIED TO
      GEORGE BADGER. BROTHERS WERE LEONARD AND ROBERT. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE LIVED
      ON CHESNUT HILL TOWNSHIP IN CRUMPLER.
      1-JOHN SALTS AND ELZINE PARRISH SALTS HAD JOHN WILLIAM SALTS, CHARLIE
      SALTS,WALTER, WILLIAM,EARL AND THE TWO GIRLS-ABIGAIL(ABBY)AND PEARLIE.
      ON CHESTNUT HILL CHARLIE MARRIED PEARL BLEVINS AND EARL MARRIED
      CORDELIA . EARL AND CORELIA HAD A DAUGHTER NAMED IDA RUTH. ON THE OTHER SIDE
      OF THE STREET-JOHN AND ANNIE LIVED WITH THEIR CHILDREN-CLARENCE,MARTHA
      ELLEN,HOWARD AND (ONE YOU LEFT OUT-VERNA LEE SAULTZ, SHE WAS THE BABY AND
      SHE WAS MY MOTHER. FOR YOUR RECORDS-SHE WAS BORN MAY 25,1920 AND DIED MARCH
      8,1985. SHE HAD THE FLU AND IT WAS COMPLICATED BY PNEUMONIA. SHE IS BURIED
      IN PINE HILL CEMETARY,BURLINGTON.NC. SHE WAS DEAF MUTE SINCE SHE WAS 5 YEARS
      OLD.
      JOHN TAYLOR SR. WAS KILLED BY SHOTGUN,BUT,DONT KNOW WHO DID IT. JOHN
      W.SALTS WORKED IN THE COAL MINES OF WEST VA.ALICE BLEVINS AND PEARLIE
      BLEVINS SALTS WOULD WRITE HIM LETTERS THAT ANNIE WAS MESSING AROUND WITH
      OTHER MEN. HE TALKED TO HIS SUPERVISOR AT THE MINES(TOM VAUGHT)ABOUT WHAT
      WAS BEING SAID IN THE LETTERS AND WANTED TO SELL HIM THE LAND -HE AND ANNIE
      HAD PAID FOR. JOHN LEFT FOR CHESTNUT HILL AND WENT TO ELZINE AND ASK HER TO
      PACK HIM A WEEKS WORTH OF FOOD,HE BORROWED A GUN FROM BROTHER WALTER AND
      WENT TO CAMP OUT ON THE MOUNTAIN ACROSS FROM HIS HOME-TRYING TO CATCH ANNIE
      WITH SOMEONE. MAUDE PHIPPS-THEIR NEIGHBOR TOLD ME THAT ANNIE SOLD EGGS AND
      GREEN BEANS TO THE MEN BUILDING THE BRIDGES AND EVRY NIGHT ANNIE WOULD SIT
      AND READ HER BIBLE AT THE WINDOW. ANNIE WENT OVER TO MAUDE PHIPPS YARD TO
      CHAT AND HERE COME JOHN RUNNING DOWN THE MOUNTAIN TOWARD HER. SHE WROTE A
      NOTE AND STUCK IT IN CLARENCE'S SHIRT TO RUN AND GIVE TO THE SHERIFF. JOHN
      GRABBED CLARENCE AND GOT THE NOTE. HE LOOKED AT ANNIE AND TOLD HER IT WAS
      TIME TO DIE. HE SHOT HER FOUR TIMES IN THE BACK AND THE FINAL SHOT IN THE
      HEAD. HE THEN LOOKED AT HIS CHILDREN AND SAID WHAT PUIR CHILDREN AND THEN
      SHOT HIMSELF IN THE HEAD. HE DID'NT DIE IMMEDIATELY AND NO ONE WANTED TO
      HELP HIM. THEY SAID HE MOANED AND GROANED ALL NIGHT AND THEN HE DIED THE
      NEXT DAY, ELZINE GAVE THE NOTE THAT STATED WHAT JOHN HAD PLANNED TO DO TO
      THE SHERIFF. GEORGE BADGER AND CORA (ANNIE'S SISTER TOOK THE FOUR CHILDREN
      AND HAD BADGER'S FUNERAL HOME PREPARE ANNIE FOR BURIAL. SHE IS BURIED AT
      PRATHER'S CREEK, THEOLD TAYLOR PLACE. SO THAT JOHN AND ANNIE WOULD'NT FIGHT
      AFTER DEATH,THEY WERE BURIED ON SEPARATE MOUNTAINS. HE IS BURIED AT THE
      OSBORNE/PARRISH GRAVE YARD.
      GEORGE BADGER AND SIDNEY GAMBIL FIXED THE PAPERS UP SO EVERYTHING
      WOULD BE SOLD-BURNED ALL PAPERS,CLOTHES ETC.FROM THE SALTS HOME. THE
      CHILDREN WENT TO STAY WITH RELATIVES AND EXACTLY ONE YEAR LATER- THE HOUSE
      WAS SOLD TO GEORGE BADGER WHO IN TURN SDOLD IT TO CARL BLIVENS. SIDNEY
      GAMBIL TOLD ME HE DID THE PAPERWORK AND IT WAS TOO LATE FOR ME TO TRY AND DO
      ANYTHING ABOUT IT. HE DIED LATER THAT YEAR OF CANCER. INCIDENTLY THE
      ORIGINAL DEED SHOWED UP IN A BOX TAHT HAD BELONGED TO ANNIE,WITH OTHER
      TRINKETS AND LETTERS FROM JOHN. THEY HAD BEEN HID IN GEORGE BADGER'S OLD
      TRUNK. AFTER THE HOUSE WAS SOLD-JIM TAYLOR OF THE CRUMPLER LODGE TOOK
      CLARENCE,HOWARD AND MARTHA TO OXFORD ORPHANAGE AND REV. PARSONS CARRIED MY
      MOM TO MORGANTON DEATH SCHOOL TO LIVE. THE BLEVINS COULD NEVER SELL THE LAND
      TO ANYONE,BECAUSE SO MANY KNEW THAT THE DEED WAS'NT A CLEAR DEED. PEARLIE
      SALTS WAS SO SCARED THAT CHARLIE WAS GOING TO KILL HER FOR HELPING WRITE THE
      LETTERS THAT GOT ANNIE KILLED-SHE WENT TO A JUDGE AND WANTED A DIVORCE. THE
      JUDGE TOLD HER THAT CHARLIE WAS A GOOD MAN AND TO GO HOME AND TAKE CARE OF
      HIM. I WILL SEND YOU SOME DATES THAT RELATE TO YOUR SEARCHES. FIRST THING I
      WANT YOU ADD IS MY MOTHER-VERNA LEE SAULTZ HOOD-ANNIE AND JOHN'S YOUNGEST
      DAUGHTER. ELZINE WAS AN OSBORN-SHE WAS CALVIN AND MARTHA OSBORN'S DAUGHTER.
      SHE WAS FOUR YEARS OLD IN THE NEW RIVER/ALLEGHANY CENSUS FOR 1870. ELZINE
      WAS BORN IN 1866 AND LIVED TO BE 96 YEARS OF AGE. SHE DIED IN ABBEYDON,VA.
      CHARLES MINK SALTZ(ELZINE AND JOHN SALTS SR. SON-DIED OF CANCER OF THE RIGHT
      LUNG, MARCH 9,1958.HE WAS 74 YEARS OF AGE. HE WAS MARRIED TO PEARL BLEVINS
      SALTS(BORN JULY 7,1897,ASHE CO. SHE DIED APRIL 23,1968OF CORONARY THOMBOSIS.
      I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU OUT. AT ONE TIME ANNIE SALTS WAS
      MARRIED TO A DICK SHEPARD AND HE WROTE SO MANY BAD CHECKS THAT THEY RAN HIM
      OUT OF TOWN. SHE IS BURIED ON THE OLD TAYLOR PLACE AND THERE IS A SMALL
      GRAVE THERE WITH NO NAME. THAT CHILD WAS BY DIDK SHEPARD,BUT,DID'NT LIVE.
      JUST ANNIE AND THE BABY ARE BURIED ON THAT MOUNTAIN. I TOOK MY MOTHER TO THE
      GRAVESITE IN 1984-SHE HAD NEVER BEEN THERE. I WAS SO GLAD I DID-SHE DIED THE
      NEXT YEAR. MARTHA ELLEN SALTS SHUPING DIED LAST YEAR-SHE WAS EIGHTY-SIX..
      SHE IS BURIED NEAR SALISBURY. I WILL GET YOU THE CORRECT DATES ON HOWARD
      SALTS TOO.
      I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO ANY INFO FOR WILLIAM HENRY TAYLOR
      AND MARTHA FRANCIS OSBORNE-I CANT FIND ANYTHING ON THEM. I WANTED TO KNOW
      WHO HIS PARENTS WERE TOO. THANKS, BARBARA JANE

      Notify Administrator about this message? Followups:

      a.. Re: John W. Saultz and Annie Taylor Saultz-Ashe Co Sam
      Matthews 2/27/02

      http://genforum.genealogy.com/saults/messages/41.html
      Search this forum:

      Find all of the wordsFind any of the words Search all of
      GenForum:

      Proximity matching
      Agreement of Use
      Link to GenForum
      Add Forum

      Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate
      © 2005 MyFamily.com, Inc.