ST. PAULS MEDTHODIST CHURCH

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2005
      Bob has already given you much information about the church. I too have a copy of the history of the church. Also have folder that held the opening service of the Thomas J. Jarvis Memorial M. E. Church South. Opening service Sunday March 10, 1907

      The old church was a frame building that was taken down and I was told floated down the Tar River and rebuilt. I took pictures of it several years ago. It was on property owned by my wife's uncle. The wind blew it down about three years ago. You could see the outline of the frame structure but shelters had been added to it and used as a farm building.

      Would love to have a picture of it to compare it to see the changes. It had set at the intersection of Beddard Road and Blackjack-Simpson Road until it was moved to its last location. It was moved because the owner wanted to build a house on that spot.

      I also have about 50 pictures of the Brown family that was given to me. Luckily all the pictures had names on them. Also large picture of Dr. W. M. B. Brown. A fine picture of one of the Brown houses.
      Bill

    • amaryllish@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
        I would love to see the church and the Brown family pictures. Please email
        me privately with them. Thank you so much for sharing. Amy Hunt
        email: amaryllish@...