Re: [genpcncfir] PHILLIPS b.1784

  • RAYMOND D. PHILLIPS
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2005
      This is a reply to Carl Phillips and his inquiry about a John Phillips, Jr.
      from possibly Dobbs or Pitt Co. He states that his John might have been the
      son of John of Rev. War Service.

      My husband is descended from a John Phillips of Johnston County, N. C.,
      probably born about 1758. This John did have a son John who was also in
      Johnston County but we believe he might have been born about 1792. (Nothing
      definite)

      The John Phillips Of Johnston County states in his pension application that
      his first enlistment was in South Carolina and he served under an officer
      named Fort. A later period of service began in 1778 when he lived in Bladen
      County. The Major General was John Ashe, the Brigadier Genl was Bryan, the
      Major of the regiment was Abraim Molten. ........

      We believe that it was after the was that he settled in Johnston County. My
      husbanc descends from another son, Hamilton.

      It appears that several men from NC named John Phillips served in the Rev.
      War. If Carl Phillips is interested in info on this particular Phillips he
      is welcome to contact us.

      Margaret Phillips at mdphillips@...

      researching in Pitt and other counties many names, including Tyson,
      Willoughby, Cobb, Anderson, Parker, Joyner, Rackley, McLean, Chestnut, Vann.