PHILLIPS b.1784

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10 4:43 PM
      Hello Group.....
      Posting the below query again for a non-member...
      " I am looking for John 'Jack' Phillips born 1784 in NC. I think his father was John Phillips, veteran of the Rev. War who served in the 10th Reg. NC Line under Abraham Shepherd. I believe the elder was from Dobbs Co. or Pitt Co. I am not sure of any of this. Any help would be appreciated.
      Regards, Carl Phillips"

      Jewelle

      jewelle@...
      jewellebaker@...
      252-523-2881
      Researching: (Main Capitalized)
      Worthington, plus ++++

    • RAYMOND D. PHILLIPS
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11 6:08 AM
        This is a reply to Carl Phillips and his inquiry about a John Phillips, Jr.
        from possibly Dobbs or Pitt Co. He states that his John might have been the
        son of John of Rev. War Service.

        My husband is descended from a John Phillips of Johnston County, N. C.,
        probably born about 1758. This John did have a son John who was also in
        Johnston County but we believe he might have been born about 1792. (Nothing
        definite)

        The John Phillips Of Johnston County states in his pension application that
        his first enlistment was in South Carolina and he served under an officer
        named Fort. A later period of service began in 1778 when he lived in Bladen
        County. The Major General was John Ashe, the Brigadier Genl was Bryan, the
        Major of the regiment was Abraim Molten. ........

        We believe that it was after the was that he settled in Johnston County. My
        husbanc descends from another son, Hamilton.

        It appears that several men from NC named John Phillips served in the Rev.
        War. If Carl Phillips is interested in info on this particular Phillips he
        is welcome to contact us.

        Margaret Phillips at mdphillips@...

        researching in Pitt and other counties many names, including Tyson,
        Willoughby, Cobb, Anderson, Parker, Joyner, Rackley, McLean, Chestnut, Vann.