Re: [genpcncfir] Response Re: eMail Accts. etc

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2005
      Dear Jewelle, One reason I asked is that Roger
      Kammerer included listings from Pitt County Bastardy
      Bonds from various years in issues of the PCFR
      Geneological Quarterlies. Then on one of my trips to
      Raleigh with GRIVA (the Geneological Research Institue
      of Virginia, an organization very similar to the Pitt
      County Family Researchers) when I went to the
      archives, I found some folders of Bastardy Bonds. All
      were handwritten, of course, and deciphering some of
      those was a labor of Hercules. It really made me
      appreciative of the task Roger had set for himself
      when he transcribed those records for the Quarterlies.
      Since those he published represented a number of
      years, I wondered where I might find those for the
      remaining years. The folders at Raleigh could not have
      contained more than a 100 of these bonds, and I
      realized that these folders could not have been
      Roger's only source. I do hope that someone among our
      membership can help us here. Thank you, Jewelle, for
      getting back to me and for opening up this knotty
      problem to our group. Later, Carol