Re: [genpcncfir] Re: roll call

  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2005
      I don't recognize any of these names and I don't have my genealogy
      information with me.Hopefully it will not be long before I am set up and
      ready to go again. I will check as soon as I can.
      My husband's line started in the Albemarle section of North Carolina in the
      1600's with Francis Hendricksonfrom Holland. The sons of Francis (which is
      probably the English pronunciation of the Dutch word "Franz") moved on west
      into Perquimans, Pasquatank and eventually Edgecombe Co., NC. It seems that
      each generation moved over one county. Jabesh Hendricks was in Edgecombe and
      moved his family to South Carolina near the Georgia line. I found his son
      Daniel in Bulloch Co. near the South Carolina line. Daniel may have been the
      grandson of Jabesh. I am not sure I remember which. In Georgia the spelling
      changed to Hendrix. David, brother of Daniel, also went to Bulloch Co., Ga.
      He and his descendants used Hendricks. My husband's ancestors all spelled
      it Hendrix, but his father used Hendricks after about 1915 or some time
      around that time.
      If this sounds like your family please let me know.
      Evelyn Hendricks