Pitt County Chronicles—Volume II—Publication Update No. 2

  • liz_sparrow
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      Our local paper in Greenville requested a few specifics about our
      forthcoming Volume II of Chronicles of Pitt County, so I did a
      little counting. As stated in my first update, Volume II contains
      over 1200 articles on Pitt County communities and family histories,
      but it also includes about 900 photos. The community section will
      be indexed with over 7600 names and places, and the family history
      index will include over 33,000 names of individuals mentioned in the
      family articles, photos, and pictorial pages.

      The money collected from book sales will be used to pay for Volume
      II, and if any is left over, the funds will go into the PCHS
      Publications account to be used on subsequent projects. You may be
      interested in knowing that the next publication project being
      planned by the Historical Society is a book containing Pitt County
      cemetery records of over 800 sites with approximately 40,000 names,
      compiled by Bill and Mary Kittrell.

      Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.........Liz Sparrow