Re: [genpcncfir] Fountain A Weatherington/Manning

  • Edith Cox
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
      Paula,
      Do you or any list members know the identity of the "Mr." Manning who
      married Mammie M. Pierce (b. 1881) from Falkland. Any information would be
      greatly appreciated.
      Best wishes for the New Year.
      Edith Cox
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
        Paula,

        Yes there are others which I will list as I come to them such as:

        1880 Pitt Co census pg 401 C - Mary A Weatherton wd 55. Who was her spouse?

        1830 Duplin Co Census - Anna Weatherington age 20-30. Spouse??

        Craven Co - a Mary Taylor married a Weatherington. What was his given name.

        This is just a few missing puzzle pieces.

        Jean
        jowgen@...
        We are still cleaning up from Hurricanes Charley, Frances, and Jeanne

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
          This might be her. In 1870 she's listed in Pitt with
          another family, no spouse. This is 1860 in Greene.
          I'm still looking around.

          Name Home in 1860
          (City,County,State) Age in 1860 Estimated Birth Year
          Birthplace Gender View Image Save This

          James G Worthington Olds, Greene, NC 30 1829 North
          Carolina Male
          Mary Worthington Olds, Greene, NC 32 1827 North
          Carolina Female

          =====
          Paula Baker

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
            Jean,
            Send me a few more details. What were the spouses
            names and names of a couple of kids.

            pb

            =====
            Paula Baker

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
              Jean,
              I meant, send me Mary A.'s maiden name:) My mind is
              jello.

              =====

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                WORTHINGTON M A 20 F W NC NC PITT RIDGE SPRINGS P O
                1860 No other Worthington living with this one.

                =====
                Paula Baker

                http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                  Name Home in 1850
                  (City,County,State) Estimated Birth Year Birth Place
                  View Image Save This

                  Mary L Withington Liberty, Ouachita, AR abt 1804 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary Withrow Subdivision 33, Gilmer, GA abt 1799 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary Withrow District 85, Union, GA abt 1838 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary A Withers District 2, Christian, KY abt 1824
                  North Carolina
                  Mary Witherspoon Not Stated, Catawba, NC abt 1818
                  Lincolnshire
                  Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1835 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1788 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1840 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1829 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1842 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary Withers Beaver Dam, Granville, NC abt 1847 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary Witherspoon District 1, Orange, NC abt 1829 North
                  Carolina
                  Mary Witherby District 8, Tipton, TN abt 1817 North
                  Carolina

                  View printer-friendly

                  =====
                  Paula Baker

                • Jean
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                    Yes, this looks as though it might be the same couple though Mary is listed
                    as 32 in the 1860 census and as 40 in the 1870 census.

                    This James G could be the son of Carney and Susannah Turnage Witherington.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 21, 2005
                      Re: Mary A md to a Weatherington age 55 in 1880 Pitt Co Census:

                      Mary L Withington in Arkansas is Mary Ellis md to John Witherington.

                      Mary Withrow of Gilmer Co, GA is in 1870 the spouse of James Withrow in
                      Fannin Co, GA.

                      Mary Withrow in Union Co, GA would be too young.

                      Mary A Withers in Kentucky is a possibility will check further.

                      Mary Witherspoon in Catawba Co, NC I don't think this is she.

                      Mary Withington Craven, NC b abt 1835 daughter of Soloman and Rachel

                      Mary Withington Craven, NC b abt 1788 too old.

                      Mary Withington in Craven, NC b abt 1840 is daughter of William B. and
                      Gatsey.

                      Mary Withington in Craven, NC abt 1829 living with Alfred Moore and Susan -
                      could be a sister to Susan.

                      Mary Withington in Craven, NC abt 1842 daughter of Levin and Delila Carter.

                      Mary Withers Beaver Dam, Granville, NC abt 1847 daughter of James Withers
                      and Nancy.

                      Mary Witherspoon District 1, Orange, NC abt 1829 appears to be the daughter
                      of John and Susan.

                      Mary Witherby District 8, Tipton, TN abt 1817 - have not been able to locate
                      her in the 1860 census.