Re: [genpcncfir] Family medical history

  • Edith Cox
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
      Evelyn,
      The same medical patterns in the Jones family of Greene Co.
      Edith Cox
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
        Do you suppose the medical problems in the Jones family came from Mary
        Bailey? She married one of the Jones', but I can't remember which one. The
        one she married was killed in the Civil War. If I rember correctly that is
        your husband's family.
        We are in Jacksonville and will be here for several months.

      • Evelyn Hendricks
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
          Maybe your Bakers are connected to my families somewhere back down the
          line.Before the days of modern medicine nearly all the Bailey men died of
          heart attacks before they were fifty. One of my older cousins, Ella Bailey
          Darden, told me that some of the Bailey women have it too. My son developed
          high blood pressure when he was about 35. My older brother had some severe
          heart problems and died at 63. My father was 65 and had had several heart
          attacks. Lung problems seem to be in the family too. It used to be that
          anyone who developed a cough and a breathing problem was said to have
          consumption. I think a lot of it was asthma and COPD.
          Evelyn
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
            Dear Patricia, Isn't life interesting. You and I share
            common interests in this area. Genetics is what got me
            started in research. I had an inspiring teacher in
            high school for biology. She was so enthusiastic. One
            would have thought every breath depended upon
            genetics--it might, you know. Then as Mama began
            sharing information about our families, I could relate
            personally to what my teacher was saying. Later, with
            Mama having cancer, I had to choose a career in
            nursing. I could not bear to see her suffer and not do
            anything for her. I felt that nursing would give me
            the best chance to change lives and to help people. I
            have read everything I can get my hands on. Teachers
            sometimes never know the impact they have on their
            students' lives. Later, Carol

            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
              Dear Evelyn and Paula, I had a cardiac arrest in my
              30's. Uncles on both sides of my family died of heart
              attacks--young,too. To my knowledge, nobody except for
              my brother and I have high blood pressure. There are
              more women in the family who had cancer than I care to
              think about--died of it, too. As far as I know, my
              son, possibly my daughter, and I are the only ones
              with Addison's Disease. I do not know if the Susan
              Kennedy who married a Worthington centuries ago was
              related to John F. Kennedy and if the Addison's came
              from that line. In any event, why strike the three of
              us. There is no Addison's in my husband's line. I
              began gall bladder attacks in my teens. I know nobody
              in the family with gall bladder disease. We do have
              many cases of thyroid disorders, including my sister
              and me and some cousins, and a couple of diabetics.
              Genetics produces some interesting patterns. Later,
              Carol

              http://my.yahoo.com