Re: [genpcncfir] Fountain A Weatherington

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
      It looks as though Herman was the son of Joseph's first wife, Bertha Manning
      as he was born before Joseph married Lucy.

      Jean
      jowgen@...
      We are still cleaning up from Hurricanes Charley, Frances, and Jeanne

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
        You know, my grandmother was named Bertha Tollena
        Manning. She was the daughter of Thomas Bragg
        Manning. She wasn't the Bertha you mentioned. But
        I'm wondering if she was named for her.

        =====
        Paula Baker

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
          Jean, is there another one you're looking for?

          =====
          Paula Baker

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
        • Edith Cox
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
            Paula,
            Do you or any list members know the identity of the "Mr." Manning who
            married Mammie M. Pierce (b. 1881) from Falkland. Any information would be
            greatly appreciated.
            Best wishes for the New Year.
            Edith Cox

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
              Paula,

              Yes there are others which I will list as I come to them such as:

              1880 Pitt Co census pg 401 C - Mary A Weatherton wd 55. Who was her spouse?

              1830 Duplin Co Census - Anna Weatherington age 20-30. Spouse??

              Craven Co - a Mary Taylor married a Weatherington. What was his given name.

              This is just a few missing puzzle pieces.

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                This might be her. In 1870 she's listed in Pitt with
                another family, no spouse. This is 1860 in Greene.
                I'm still looking around.

                Name Home in 1860
                (City,County,State) Age in 1860 Estimated Birth Year
                Birthplace Gender View Image Save This

                James G Worthington Olds, Greene, NC 30 1829 North
                Carolina Male
                Mary Worthington Olds, Greene, NC 32 1827 North
                Carolina Female

                =====
                Paula Baker

                http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                  Jean,
                  Send me a few more details. What were the spouses
                  names and names of a couple of kids.

                  pb

                  =====
                  Paula Baker

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                    Jean,
                    I meant, send me Mary A.'s maiden name:) My mind is
                    jello.

                    =====

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                      WORTHINGTON M A 20 F W NC NC PITT RIDGE SPRINGS P O
                      1860 No other Worthington living with this one.

                      =====
                      Paula Baker

                      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                        Name Home in 1850
                        (City,County,State) Estimated Birth Year Birth Place
                        View Image Save This

                        Mary L Withington Liberty, Ouachita, AR abt 1804 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary Withrow Subdivision 33, Gilmer, GA abt 1799 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary Withrow District 85, Union, GA abt 1838 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary A Withers District 2, Christian, KY abt 1824
                        North Carolina
                        Mary Witherspoon Not Stated, Catawba, NC abt 1818
                        Lincolnshire
                        Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1835 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1788 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1840 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1829 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary Withington Not Stated, Craven, NC abt 1842 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary Withers Beaver Dam, Granville, NC abt 1847 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary Witherspoon District 1, Orange, NC abt 1829 North
                        Carolina
                        Mary Witherby District 8, Tipton, TN abt 1817 North
                        Carolina

                        View printer-friendly

                        =====
                        Paula Baker

                      • Jean
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                          Yes, this looks as though it might be the same couple though Mary is listed
                          as 32 in the 1860 census and as 40 in the 1870 census.

                          This James G could be the son of Carney and Susannah Turnage Witherington.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 21, 2005
                            Re: Mary A md to a Weatherington age 55 in 1880 Pitt Co Census:

                            Mary L Withington in Arkansas is Mary Ellis md to John Witherington.

                            Mary Withrow of Gilmer Co, GA is in 1870 the spouse of James Withrow in
                            Fannin Co, GA.

                            Mary Withrow in Union Co, GA would be too young.

                            Mary A Withers in Kentucky is a possibility will check further.

                            Mary Witherspoon in Catawba Co, NC I don't think this is she.

                            Mary Withington Craven, NC b abt 1835 daughter of Soloman and Rachel

                            Mary Withington Craven, NC b abt 1788 too old.

                            Mary Withington in Craven, NC b abt 1840 is daughter of William B. and
                            Gatsey.

                            Mary Withington in Craven, NC abt 1829 living with Alfred Moore and Susan -
                            could be a sister to Susan.

                            Mary Withington in Craven, NC abt 1842 daughter of Levin and Delila Carter.

                            Mary Withers Beaver Dam, Granville, NC abt 1847 daughter of James Withers
                            and Nancy.

                            Mary Witherspoon District 1, Orange, NC abt 1829 appears to be the daughter
                            of John and Susan.

                            Mary Witherby District 8, Tipton, TN abt 1817 - have not been able to locate
                            her in the 1860 census.