Edwards

  • Jo
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2004
      Edwards Buried in Queen Anne Cemetery In Fountain

      Murtha Edwards Tripp b. March 1899, d. December 1992

      Fayte L. Edwards b. November 1895, d. August 1937

      Callie Edwards Owens b. November 115, 1884, d. November 1, 1952

      Joseph E. Owens b. May 6, 1885, d. December 20, 1972

      Adell B. Edwards b. January 22, 1922, d. May 14, 1976

      Willie E. Edwards b. June 1, 1915, d. January 1, 1985

      Lola B. Edwards b. June 30, 1902, d. April 15, 1979

      Julius F. Edwards b. October 28, 1897, d. August 5, 1969

      Joseph Paul Edwards

      North Carolina S1 USNR WWII

      b. September 12, 1926, d. December 13, 1968

      Joe R. Edwards, September 21, 1904

      Leona "Doll" Dunn Edwards b. 1906, d. 1938

      Wife of Joe Robert Edwards buried in Crisp, North Carolina

      Gatsy Killebrew Owens b. February 5, 1915, d. December 11, 2001

      (daughter-in-law of Callie Edwards Owens)

      William Joseph Owens b. June 22, 1911, d. November 30, 1995

      (son of Callie Edwards Owens)

      Mollie Edwards Cobb b. November 16, 1885, d. June 8, 1971

      James Grey Cobb b. January 10, 1883, d. July 4, 1958

      (husband of Mollie Edwards Cobb)

      James Larry Cobb

      S SGT Army Air Forces WWII

      b. November 16, 1916, d. June 4, 1956

      (son of Mollie Edwards Cobb)

      Velma Thigpen Edwards b. June 5, 1921, d. May 20, 1993

      Married December 18, 1937

      Jonas Eason Edwards b. November 3, 1918, d. July 24, 2002

      PVT US ARMY WWII

      William "Willie" Cooper Edwards b. November 18, 1890, d. May 11,
      1951

      Lula "Lou" Cobb Edwards b. February 15, 1898, d. January 8, 1967

      Archie Lee Edwards b. December 5, 1932, d. June 3, 1991

      Archie L. Edwards, Jr. b. March 2, 1959, d. March 11, 1959

      (son of Mr. & Mrs. A. L. Edwards)

      Jonas Arthur Edwards b. April 14, 1902, d. October 18, 1987

      Alice Lewis Edwards b. October 18, 1880, d. August 21, 1955

      Jonas C. Edwards b. October 1880, d. June 3, 1957

      Linwood Lee Edwards b. January 7, 1913, d. April 27, 1981

      Pattie W. Edwards b. February 27, 1920, d. October 25, 1998

      James Joseph Edwards b. January 24, 1917, d. March 24, 1968

      Lina Cobb Edwards b. April 7, 1891, d. May 22, 1970

      Edmond Council Edwards b. May 23, 1888, d. August 24, 1945

      I. J. Edwards b. July 10, 1924, d. April 2, 1997

      Louise E. Edwards b. September 2, 1930, d. January 6, 2004

      Ann H. Edwards b. November 17, 1938, d. August 27, 1993

      Jonas F. Edwards, Sr. b. 1909, d. 1997

      Mary Agnes b. 1917
    • eahsr16@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 23 7:57 AM
        In a message dated 3/23/2005 10:28:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        skipper4095386@... writes:
        Hello,

        Welcome. I see you list Edwards as one of your names. My Edwards line is
        Sarah "Sallie" Edwards b. abt. 1831 married Sylvester Gardner on March 23,
        1852
        in Pitt County.

        Her father was William Orrell Edwards born June 1, 1804 and died September
        03, 1865 iin Pitt County. His wife is unknown. Would love to find her name!

        In the 1850 Pitt County census, the family is listed but there is no wife
        listed.

        His father was Britton Edwards born Craven County and died Beaufort County.
        He was married to Ann Orrell. I have a copy of Britton's will. He gives his
        daughter Joanna Downs his plantation on Chocowinity Creek, Beaufort County.

        His father was Walker Edwards married to Lydia unknown.

        Do any of these names sound familiar?

        Judy

        This does not look like the Edgecombe County, NC, Brittain Edwards, Sr.
        He did not have a daughter named Joanna Downs.

        I do not have the son of Brittain Edwards, Sr. listed as William Orrell
        Edwards, but as William Bryant Edwards. In his will Brittain Edwards, Sr. refers to
        this son as Bryant Edwards.

        Descendants of Brittain Sr. Edwards

        1 Brittain Sr. Edwards 1742 - 1813
        . +Ann Orrell
        ........ 2 Sally W. Edwards
        ............ +Thomas Dunford
        ........ 2 Tabitha Edwards 1774 - 1815
        ............ +Levin Eagles 1775 - 1815
        ........ 2 Silas Siley W. Edwards 1775 - 1843
        ............ +Nancy Ann Wooten 1779 - 1867
        ........ 2 Brittain Jr. Edwards 1775 - 1857
        ............ +Sally Ann Warren 1780 -
        ........ 2 William Bryant Edwards 1778 - 1843 ********
        ............ +Eliza Wooten
        ........ 2 Nancy Edwards 1780 - 1853
        ........ 2 Priscilla Siler Edwards 1781 - 1844
        ............ +Amos (Jr) Wooten 1793 - 1848
        ........ 2 Lucinda Edwards 1790 -
        ............ +Chapman Norville - 1850
        ........ 2 Harmon Edwards 1790 -
        ............ +Celia 1790 -
        ........ 2 John Gray Sr. Edwards 1807 - 1850
        ............ +Julia Briley 1820 - 1900

        Excerpted from this will:
        Item my desire after all my lawful debts paid and at the time above mentions
        all the property I have of also I desire to Value and equally divide amounts
        All my children Bytha Eagle, Siley Edwards, Britain Edwards Junior, Nancy
        Edwards, Bryant Edwards, Sillar W Edwards, Sally W Dunford, Harmon Edwards,
        Lucinda Norville

        Britain Edwards Sr - Edgecombe County, NC, Will Book E Page 165 - 1817
      • Rae Jean
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 23 1:41 PM
          Judy and Faye
          I have different information on Britton Edwards of Beaufort County (marr Ann
          Orrell):

          Britton Edwards born estimate bef 1765 (if age 21 or older at time of 1786
          Tax List)
          1786 Beaufort County Tax List
          1790 Census, Beaufort County (1 male 16+ for Britton Edwards)
          c1800 NC marriage to Ann Orrell
          10 Sep 1815 Beaufort County Will of William Orrell "I do give and bequeath
          to my loving Daughter Ann Edwards One hundred and Sixty Acres of land lying
          on the North side of Nutons Run..... I do make constitute and ordain my two
          Sons in Law Tho. M. Adams and Britton Edwards my Executors of this my last
          Will and Testament, William Orrell (seal)"

          Have not decided parents of this Britton Edwards.... but a possibility is
          Walker Edwards who in his 11 July 1805 will Beaufort County indicated
          "Executors: Son Brittain Edwards, Walker Edwards."
          In his 1805 will, Walker Edwards listed wife Liddy and children as:
          Walker Edwards son
          Samuel Edwards son
          Liddy Edwards dau
          Rachel Edwards dau
          Rear? Edwards son
          David Edwards son
          Brittain Edwards son
          Julian De (no surname listed) dau
          Elizabeth (no surname listed) dau
          Juda (no surname listed) dau
          Christopher De (no surname listed) son
          Susannah (no surnamed listed) dau
          Howel Downes grandson

          Interesting when there are several men with the same name.
          Rae Jean ... in Tennessee

          :
[...]
          : _________________
          : If information is incorrect, would appreciate corrections and additions.
          : Faye Hays
        • Ruth Fentress
          Message 4 of 11 , May 15, 2008
            Marcia, who were the parents of Martha Ann EDWARDS who was the wife of
            Rev. Alfred Jackson Ellis ?
            Thank you.
            Ruth
          • Marcia McLawhorn
            Message 5 of 11 , May 15, 2008
              It was Donna Owens' information, I did not have them in my database.
              Perhaps she will see this and respond.
              Marcia

              Ruth Fentress <ruthbf@...> wrote:
              Marcia, who were the parents of Martha Ann EDWARDS who was the wife of
              Rev. Alfred Jackson Ellis ?
              Thank you.
              Ruth

              .

            • Marcia McLawhorn
              Message 6 of 11 , May 15, 2008
                Ruth,
                I researched this for you. Follow this link and you may have your answer:
                http://searches2.rootsweb.com/th/read/ELLIS/1999-06/0928608924

                In an email "From: Jeffrey Meeks" with the "Subject: [xrds] Ellis Bible records",
                there is entry from ALFRED J. ELLIS FAMILY BIBLE showing:

                Elisha Alfred J. Ellis married second in 1850,
                Martha Ann 'Patsy' Edwards, dau of Cullen and Sarah Edwards.
                She was born in 1829, and died on 10/18/1872.
                ______________
                Hopes this helps,
                Marcia

                Ruth Fentress <ruthbf@...> wrote:
                Marcia, who were the parents of Martha Ann EDWARDS who was the wife of Rev. Alfred Jackson Ellis ?
                Thank you.
                Ruth

                .

              • jonefa
                Message 7 of 11 , May 15, 2008
                  I do not have Martha Ann Edwards the daughter of Cullen and Sarah Edwards.

                  Deed Book 22, Page 703 (7 October 1841)

                  Division of Real Estate of Harmon Edwards, dec'd among his lawful heirs.To wit: (1) Ashley Edwards (2) Martha Ann Edwards (3) Jackey Louisa Edwards (4) Shadrach W. Edwards (5) Bryant W. Edwards (6) James B.Edwards (7) Zora Ann Crisp (8) Sally Edwards

                  Source: "Kinfolks of Edgecombe County, N.C. 1788-1855" by Joseph W.Watson 1969

                  This deed was written in 1841, and Martha Ann Edwards did not marry Andrew Jackson Ellis until May 28, 1850.

                  Harmon Edwards wife was named Celia.

                  And I never found a source for the last name of the wife of Elisha Ellis, Sr. whose name was listed in a Bible record as Elisha and Charity Ellis. It is assumed that her last name was Thomas but that has always struck me as being odd. The Thomas family were known Baptists forming a church called the Toisnot Baptist Church.

                  Elisha Ellis, Sr. built a Methodist Meeting House on his property. He lived on the stage coach road and travelling down that same road we come to another Baptist Church which was pastored by Joshua Barnes.

                  Faye Hays

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 25, 2008
                      Thank you Marcia, for your answer. It helped.
                      Ruth