Re: [genpcncfir] Boiled Dinner Recipe

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 25, 2004
      Dear Evelyn, I think the trick is, as another member
      pointed out, to place the dumplings on top of
      everything. That way they do not sink and
      disintegrate. They are placed in at the very end of
      the cooking cycle and are probably more steamed than
      boiled. We also used our own corn for the meal that we
      took to the mill to be ground. As someone else also
      pointed out, do not use fine meal, and do not use
      self-rising meal. Here in Virginia, we buy the Ashland
      Roller Mills meal that is available at most grocery
      stores. Later, Carol

      http://vote.yahoo.com