Re: [genpcncfir] Can anyone help???

  • cherylannjones@juno.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
      Does anyone have access to the Shepard Memorial library that could check to see if any papers were in print in 1915? I would like to try and find the obit for my great grandfather's suicide. Maybe it lists family....

      John Robert Lockamy
      Committed suicide with shotgun

      Cheryl
      Message 2 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
        In 1910, John R. Lockamy is listed with Hanzel R.
        MCall and Lula F., Hanzel's wife.

        John R. is listed as an adopted boy, age 7.

        --- "cherylannjones@..."
        <cherylannjones@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have access to the Shepard Memorial
        > library that could check to see if any papers were
        > in print in 1915? I would like to try and find the
        > obit for my great grandfather's suicide. Maybe it
        > lists family....
        >
        > John Robert Lockamy
        > Committed suicide with shotgun
        >

        > Cheryl

        =====
        Paula Baker
        Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Louisiana and

        http://vote.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
          I forgot to mention that they were in Harnett Co. in
          1910.

          --- "cherylannjones@..."

          =====

          Message 4 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
            Owen LOCKAMY Self M Male W 37 NC
            Farming NC NC
            Anamariah LOCKAMY Wife M Female W 38 NC
            Keeping House NC NC
            Mary M. LOCKAMY Dau S Female W 13 NC
            NC NC
            Minnie LOCKAMY Dau S Female W 10 NC
            NC NC
            John R. LOCKAMY Son S Male W 7 NC NC
            NC
            Lessie LOCKAMY Dau S Female W 4 NC
            NC NC
            Soloman LOCKAMY Son S Male W 5M NC
            NC NC

            Source Information:
            Census Place Honeycutts, Sampson, North Carolina
            Family History Library Film 1254982
            NA Film Number T9-0982
            Page Number 222B

            --- "cherylannjones@..."

            =====

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            Message 5 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
              OWEN ROBERT LOCKAMY OR LOCKERMAN
              Male

              Event(s):
              Birth: 1843 Of, , Sampson, North Carolina

              Christening:
              Death:
              Burial:

              Parents:
              Father: JOHN M. LOCKAMY OR LOCKERMAN Family
              Mother: MILBREY REYNOLDS

              =====

              Message 6 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
                Name Home in 1860
                (City,County,State) Age in 1860 Estimated Birth Year
                Birthplace Gender View Image Save This

                Lovet Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 60 1799 North
                Carolina Male
                Elizabeth Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 51 1808
                Female
                Nancy J Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 28 1831
                Female
                Moses Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 26 1833 Male

                Aaron Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 25 1834 Male

                Mary Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 23 1836 Female

                Sarah Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 21 1838 Female

                Dorothy Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 18 1841
                Female
                Silva Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 17 1842 Female

                Matthew Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 15 1844 Male

                Elizabeth Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 13 1846
                Female
                Rebecca E Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 9 1850
                Female
                William M Dusenberry Dismal, Sampson, NC 3 1856
                Male
                Dorothy Lockerman Dismal, Sampson, NC 70 1789
                Female

                =====

                Message 7 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
                  Lovit Lockamy Cumberland, Cumberland, NC 24 1835
                  North Carolina Male
                  M J Lockamy Cumberland, Cumberland, NC 32 1827 North
                  Carolina Female
                  Weslley Ann Perthena Cumberland, Cumberland, NC 10
                  1849 North Carolina Female
                  J W Lockamy Cumberland, Cumberland, NC 2 1857 North
                  Carolina Male

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
                    The Clare G. Lockamy I sent earlier in 1920 in
                    Cumberland was really Cleve G. Lockamy. I took a
                    second look at the census.

                    =====

                    Message 9 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
                      http://www.rootsweb.com/~nccumber/1803marr.html

                      =====

                      Message 10 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
                        John Lockamy cut off toes E.R. 8 May 1895

                        =====

                        Message 11 of 27 , Oct 8, 2004
                          ID: I42302
                          Name: George Cleveland LOCKAMY
                          Sex: M
                          Birth: 18 OCT 1906 in North Carolina 1
                          Death: 24 APR 1968 in Supply, Lockwoods Folly Twp.,
                          Brunswick County, NC 1 of Coronary Insufficency
                          Burial: 26 APR 1968 Dixon Chapel Cemetery, Supply,
                          Brunswick County, NC 2
                          Social Security Number: 248-20-5740
                          Reference Number: 42302

                          Father: Charles LOCKAMY
                          Mother: Anna HALES

                          Marriage 1 Ruby WATTS b: 8 AUG 1914 in Tabor City,
                          Columbus County, North Carolina
                          Children
                          Living LOCKAMY

                          =====

                          Message 12 of 27 , Oct 12, 2004
                            Dear Paula, Who were John's parents? Any siblings?
                            Whom did he marry? I have Lockomy ancestors also.

                            http://vote.yahoo.com
                          • cherylannjones@juno.com
                            Message 13 of 27 , Oct 13, 2004
                              I am looking for John R. Lockamy b 1881 died December 2, 1915.

                              He married Ann Eliza DOWNS, daughter of Kinion Downs and Martha J. Shivers.

                              John had one sibling - a sister named Sarah J.

                              I am looking for his obit from any 1915 paper that might have been in print for Pitt County.

                              Thanks,

                              Cheryl