Webbs, Boons, and others -Daniel Boone

  • eahsr16@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      No Loretta Lynn connection, but she was connected to the Daniel Boone family
      through an aunt of the famous Daniel Boone. So I sought to connect Daniel
      Boone to the NC Boons, but unfortunately there is no connection that I can see.

      Daniel Boone's ancestor, Squire Boone came to Pennsylvania in 1713 from his
      "English connections."

      Our NC Boons came from

      Nicholas Boon immigrated to the Virginia Colony from England before 1663 and
      settled in the tidewater region of Isle of Wright County, not far from
      Jamestown. The name "Nich"(NB) Boone" appears on a petition of "Grievances" signed by
      several residents of Isle of Wright county dated October, 1677.

      So, to make a connection, if there is one, it would have to be on the English
      side of the family farther back up the line.