GARDNER

  • nr1958@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
      Hi ... I have just recently joined and would like to know if anyone
      has information on Lula Milissia Mayo b. 11 NOV 1883 in Pitt Co. d.
      6 FEB 1941 m. William Bryant Mayo 14 April 1900
      William Bryant Mayo b. 10 JAN 1881 in Pitt Co. d. 28 Jun 1947

      Daughter, Katie Clyde Mayo b. 18 May 1911 Pitt Co. d. 01 Dec 1945 in
      Beaufort Co., Washington married Nicholas Rogerson (Rogers) b. 21
      May 1886 Martin Co. d. 03 Dec 1943 Beaufort Co., Washington.

      Katie Clyde Mayo and Nicholas Rogerson (Rogers) were my grandparents.

      I've done pretty well with my Rogerson and Mayo lines, but can't
      seem to get past Lula Milissia Gardner ... any help would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Thanks Nick Rogers
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
        Here are all the Lulas in 1900 in Pitt Co. Looks like
        Lula Hayzlet is the closest in age. It looks like her
        name is spelled Hazzlet on the actual census. She is
        a boarder and single and maybe living with McWhorters?
        William Mayo is also a boarder in Pitt Co. I don't
        think he's in the same group. Will look around for
        Hazzlets.

        Surname Given Name Age Sex Race Birthplace State
        County Location Year

        ALBRITTON LULA 22 F B NC NC PITT SWIFT CRK TWP
        1900

        BACKER LULA 32 F B NC NC PITT SWIFT CRK TWP 1900

        HAYZLET LULA 20 F W NC NC PITT BETHEL TWP 1900

        MAYS LULA 15 F B NC NC PITT FARMVILLE TWP 1900

        POLLARD LULA 24 F W NC NC PITT FALKLAND TWP 1900

        ROUNDTREE LULA W 28 F W NC NC PITT BEAVERDAM TWP
        1900

        TYSON LULA 25 F W NC NC PITT GREENVILLE TWP 1900

        VINES LULA 17 F B NC NC PITT FALKLAND TWP 1900

        WHITE LULA 29 F B NC NC PITT GREENVILLE 1900

        WHITE LULA 18 F B NC NC PITT CONTENTNEA TWP 1900

        Page 1 of 1 [Jump to top of page]

        --- nr1958@... wrote:

        > Hi ... I have just recently joined and would like to
        > know if anyone
        > has information on Lula Milissia Mayo b. 11 NOV 1883
        > in Pitt Co. d.
        > 6 FEB 1941 m. William Bryant Mayo 14 April 1900
        > William Bryant Mayo b. 10 JAN 1881 in Pitt Co. d. 28
        > Jun 1947
        >
        > Daughter, Katie Clyde Mayo b. 18 May 1911 Pitt Co.
        > d. 01 Dec 1945 in
        > Beaufort Co., Washington married Nicholas Rogerson
        > (Rogers) b. 21
        > May 1886 Martin Co. d. 03 Dec 1943 Beaufort Co.,
        > Washington.
        >
        > Katie Clyde Mayo and Nicholas Rogerson (Rogers) were
        > my grandparents.
        >
        > I've done pretty well with my Rogerson and Mayo
        > lines, but can't
        > seem to get past Lula Milissia Gardner ... any help
        > would be greatly
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks Nick Rogers

        =====
        Paula Baker
        Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Louisiana and

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
          � List of Matches

          Personal Information Census Image What to do next?

          Name: Hazzleton, Benjamin
          Township: Brooks District
          County: Pitt
          State: North Carolina
          Year: 1840
          Roll: M704_368
          Page: 402
          Image: 268

          =====

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
            I looked harder and Lula Hazzlet is in school with a
            bunch of others. She was born in NC and both parents
            too.

            pb

            =====

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
              In 1850 Pitt Co census I find Benjamin F. Hazelton

              with John Cox, laborer and

              Decca Hazelton 7
              Elias Hazelton 5

              No wife. So perhaps Elias Hazelton is Lula's father?

              =====

              http://vote.yahoo.com

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
                  In 1880 Elias Hazelton is in Lenoir Co with wife Mary
                  E. and children

                  Annie C.? 6
                  Lawrence 4
                  Nannie? 3
                  Jacob age 1

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
                    I found a Howard Hazelton in Pitt County draft World
                    War I. He's 19. Birth March 29th 1899. Wife Sylvia
                    Hobbs Hazelton, looks like Hobbs.

                    =====

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
                      Husband
                      ELIAS L. HAZELTON Pedigree

                      Birth:
                      Christening:
                      Marriage: 04 APR 1871 , Greene, North Carolina
                      Death: 02 NOV 1920
                      Burial:

                      Wife
                      MARY ELIZABETH BETTIE COWARD Pedigree

                      Birth:
                      Christening:
                      Marriage: 04 APR 1871 , Greene, North Carolina
                      Death: 1891
                      Burial:

                      =====

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 3, 2004
                        BENJAMIN F. HAZELTON
                        Male

                        Event(s):
                        Birth: 1806 , Pitt, North Carolina

                        Christening:
                        Death:
                        Burial:

                        Parents:
                        Father: JOHN HAZELTON Family
                        Mother: MARY WILLIAMS

                        =====
                        Paula Baker
                        Researching Cole, Wilkerson, Norman, and White in Louisiana and

                        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                      • Bill Kittrell
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 22, 2005
                          David, I assume you have the information of will of William Gardner of Tyrrell. I believe this was the one mentioned in your posting. Will of Feb 11, 1754

                          There was a Martin Gardner in Bertie. Will of Jan 1760. Mentions wife, Ann, Sons John, William, Martin and James. Daughters Ann, Jane and Elizabeth.

                          I have a bunch of notes taken from the NC Genealogical Review by Hathway. Have other pages but feel you have all of these.

                          Judy, Lill Jackson's notes on the Gardners state that Asa was a son of Isaac. Patent Book 1 Craven County Oct 23, 1783 has Isaac Gardner paying 50 shillings for 100 acres, located at corner of said Gardner line to Aaron Cox corner, to Edward Gardner line to Jepse Gardner corner.

                        • Bill Kittrell
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 26, 2005
                            Marriages in Craven County, NC
                            Asa Gardner m. Sarah Gwaltney Feb 18, 1818
                            Bryan Gardner m. Caroline Nelson Sept 20, 1842
                            Churchill Gardner m. Anna M. Harris May 27, 1852
                            Graves GArdner m. Ann Smith May 2, 1822
                            Isaac Gardner m. Eliza Pate Oct 26, 1858
                            John Gardner m. Julia A. Latham Nov 15, 1826
                            John Gardner m. Rosetta Ann Salter Feb 5, 1852
                            William Gardner m. Charlotte Jones Dec 24, 1793
                            William Gardner m. Frances Shines May 6, 1809
                            William Gardner m. Betsy Delamar April 29, 1812

                          • Bill Kittrell
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 26, 2005
                              Craven Census 1850
                              #1334 Bryan Gardner M 35 Farmer Married Caroline Nelson Sept 20, 1842 Craven County, NC
                              Caroline F 28 (d/o Col. Joseph Nelson)
                              William M 7
                              Mary F 5
                              Susan F 3
                              Churchwell M 22
                              Frances Delamar F 27

                              #721 George Gardner M 31
                              Sarah F 26
                              Thomas M 8
                              Sarah F 6
                              George M 4
                              Betsy F l
                              Betsy Parson F 13

                            • Deborah Barnes
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 27, 2005
                                I havea Betsey Gardner married to a William Franks on March 27, 1834, does
                                anyone have anything on this Betsey Gardner???