Re: [genpcncfir] More Thigpens & Penny Hil

  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30 2:00 PM
      Bob,
      I have never the story about Penny Hill being named for a slave woman, but I
      have heard the one about it being named of Penny Hill, the daughter of Henry
      Hill. She was the grandmother of Gilead Thigpen. I think I sent a letter a
      few minutes ago stating that she was the mother of Giead. That is what
      happens when I rely on my memory instead of looking it up.
      Evelyn