Ava Gardner's Dilda Connection

  • Betty Cobb Batchelor
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2004
      Ava's grandmother
      Elizabeth "Bet" Dilda b. 8 May 1850 was the oldest dau of Benjamin
      and "Mattie" Matilda Cobb Dilda of Pitt County,NC.

      Other children of Benjamin and Matilda were:

      Sarah Dilda b. 8 August 1851 mar. Joseph B Gardner

      Jesse Dilda b. 19 January 1853 mar. Sarah Ledonia Owens [Sallie's
      grandfather was Louis (Lewis) Dildy)]

      Ann Eliza Dilda mar. Joseph A Hamilton

      Jonas Dilda mar.(1) Louisianna Gardner
      (2) Fannie Moore

      Additional info about the Dilda / Cobb side:

      Benjamin Dilda was the son of Jesse Dilday and Ivy ---
      "Mattie" Matilda Cobb was the dau. of Jonas Cobb and Elizabeth
      Cherry [Elizabeth's parents: Levi Cherry and Sally ---]

      Anyone working on the Dilda/Dildy/Dilday line?
      Betty C Batchelor
    • Evelyn Hendricks
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2004
        My mother's brother married a Dilday. My father's great-aunt married a
        Dilday.
        Evelyn